Good hut operator on Nipissing ?

woodenboater

Friend is thinking of going to Lake Nipissing to drop a few minnows down some holes. Does anyone have a recommendation on a good operator ? can be either condo or regular huts. quantity is not the main goal, just wants to spend some time on the ice and maybe stare at the stars at night.

tia

WB

Rob Hyatt has an excellent reputation:

https://www.lakenipissingoutdoors.com/Rob-Hyatt-Lake-Nipissing-Ice-Fishing-Bungalows.php

I never fished with him, but have stayed at the Waltonian, which was excellent:

http://www.waltonian-inn.com/winter.html

I also stayed a couple times at Sandy Bay Cottages, and they were good people with nice ice huts:

https://www.lakenipissingoutdoors.com/sandy-bay-cottages.php

HTH

Doug

On 1/20/2022 at 7:18 AM, acplumber said:

we used Robs 5 star outfitter. the huts were warm but the fishing was unreel!  I've never had ice fishing like that. for a weekend 4 guys, 70+ fish. Mostly keeper walleye and jumbo perch. I highly 

I also recommend Nikko @ Robs5star   Been fishing with him before it was Rob's summer and winter.   Always more than accommodating  caught my pb walleye out of his huts.  

thanks all. now they're not sure if they can get the time to go up. but will still send them reccos. anyone familiar with reeds ? they're looking for space and so far hust don't look *too* close together, and I understand callander bay can be a gong show. I'd be tempted to haul out some pallets, set up my wall tent and stove on it. maybe bring a genny for some mod cons.

8 hours ago, woodenboater said:

thanks all. now they're not sure if they can get the time to go up. but will still send them reccos. anyone familiar with reeds ? they're looking for space and so far hust don't look *too* close together, and I understand callander bay can be a gong show. I'd be tempted to haul out some pallets, set up my wall tent and stove on it. maybe bring a genny for some mod cons.

I fished with Reeds for quite a few years.  I like their set up.  You have one hut set up for sleeping and one for fishing and general shenanigans.  They're set up a few steps apart with the doors facing each other.  They used to set up the huts in 25+fow and the fishing was outstanding.  They moved there huts in closer and shallower for a couple years (~16fow) and the fishing was terrible so we moved on.  I heard ownership has recently changed hands so not sure where they are now but I assume the hut set up is the same..

3 hours ago, Chuck Enwinde said:

I fished with Reeds for quite a few years.  I like their set up.  You have one hut set up for sleeping and one for fishing and general shenanigans.  They're set up a few steps apart with the doors facing each other.  They used to set up the huts in 25+fow and the fishing was outstanding.  They moved there huts in closer and shallower for a couple years (~16fow) and the fishing was terrible so we moved on.  I heard ownership has recently changed hands so not sure where they are now but I assume the hut set up is the same..

thanks Chuck. the two hut setup sounds interesting and great way to keep things tidy. but the idea of rolling over in bed when the tip goes down is super lazy but über convenient lol