Fish huts going out

Big Cliff

Even though Tim Hale and myself don't agree on property management on the ice. He would not be taking out clients unless he felt it was OK. I was going to say safe, but we all know that NO ICE is completely safe. Have a great day out there Cliff; wish I was out there myself.

Dan

1 hour ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Just a quick question guys.  Planning on heading to cooks with the wife Saturday and was wondering what’s the parking situation at both Gilford or Lefroy.  Haven’t gone for a couple of years to Lefroy and about 5-6 to Gilford.  Thanks

park on the ice, its free! and then you can come back at the end of the day to find your car underwater like all of the other bozos that do this every single year 

I saw an instagram story from OMGitsDangs last week, a guy had parked his van on 4 inches of ice and went through lmao

Cliff Im glad to see you are getting a chance to head out fishing! take pics!

Edited by AKRISONER

2 hours ago, ROOK said:

there is free parking if you get there early enough, just pay close attention to the signage...seems like a few less spots every year for free parking, the later you get there the further you park from the lake

Thank you.  Sounds like it will just be the usual dropping the wife and gear off then parking and walking 20 minutes back.  

9 minutes ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Thank you.  Sounds like it will just be the usual dropping the wife and gear off then parking and walking 20 minutes back.  

this is why I will probably never fish Simcoe again TBH

That and the $30 something dollar a day parking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

this is why I will probably never fish Simcoe again TBH

That and the $30 something dollar a day parking.

It definitely makes for a very long day.  2 hour drive up.  2 hour drive back.  Walking onto ice.  Using manual auger.  Putting up 4 man tent.  Good times.

hmm bemoaning the manual auger ??  reminds me of the 2 guys i saw this weekend , one guy trying to crank the manual auger and the other trying to put his weight on it so the cutting blades would actually catch... now those 2 guys have a reason to cry over a manual auger !!!  and the ice is only about 6 inches on Cooks...hopefully they will switch out cutting blades before more ice forms . Keep blades sharp and the last thing you should have to worry about is your manual auger.

1 hour ago, LostAnotherOne said:

It definitely makes for a very long day.  2 hour drive up.  2 hour drive back.  Walking onto ice.  Using manual auger.  Putting up 4 man tent.  Good times.

There’s just such better lakes to fish that typically don’t require you to pay at least nearly as much to park and deal with crowds etc etc.

i guess the perch fishing is pretty damn good but I’d rather fish crappie elsewhere if that’s what I’m looking for. Otherwise, ya I’m going somewhere else to fish