Jump to content

Fish huts going out


Big Cliff
 Share

Recommended Posts

Even though Tim Hale and myself don't agree on property management on the ice. He would not be taking out clients unless he felt it was OK. I was going to say safe, but we all know that NO ICE is completely safe. Have a great day out there Cliff; wish I was out there myself.

Dan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a quick question guys.  Planning on heading to cooks with the wife Saturday and was wondering what’s the parking situation at both Gilford or Lefroy.  Haven’t gone for a couple of years to Lefroy and about 5-6 to Gilford.  Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Just a quick question guys.  Planning on heading to cooks with the wife Saturday and was wondering what’s the parking situation at both Gilford or Lefroy.  Haven’t gone for a couple of years to Lefroy and about 5-6 to Gilford.  Thanks

park on the ice, its free! and then you can come back at the end of the day to find your car underwater like all of the other bozos that do this every single year 

I saw an instagram story from OMGitsDangs last week, a guy had parked his van on 4 inches of ice and went through lmao

 

Cliff Im glad to see you are getting a chance to head out fishing! take pics!

Edited by AKRISONER
Link to comment
Share on other sites

there is free parking if you get there early enough, just pay close attention to the signage...seems like a few less spots every year for free parking, the later you get there the further you park from the lake

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ROOK said:

there is free parking if you get there early enough, just pay close attention to the signage...seems like a few less spots every year for free parking, the later you get there the further you park from the lake

Thank you.  Sounds like it will just be the usual dropping the wife and gear off then parking and walking 20 minutes back.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Thank you.  Sounds like it will just be the usual dropping the wife and gear off then parking and walking 20 minutes back.  

this is why I will probably never fish Simcoe again TBH

 

That and the $30 something dollar a day parking.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

this is why I will probably never fish Simcoe again TBH

 

That and the $30 something dollar a day parking.

It definitely makes for a very long day.  2 hour drive up.  2 hour drive back.  Walking onto ice.  Using manual auger.  Putting up 4 man tent.  Good times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hmm bemoaning the manual auger ??  reminds me of the 2 guys i saw this weekend , one guy trying to crank the manual auger and the other trying to put his weight on it so the cutting blades would actually catch... now those 2 guys have a reason to cry over a manual auger !!!  and the ice is only about 6 inches on Cooks...hopefully they will switch out cutting blades before more ice forms . Keep blades sharp and the last thing you should have to worry about is your manual auger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LostAnotherOne said:

It definitely makes for a very long day.  2 hour drive up.  2 hour drive back.  Walking onto ice.  Using manual auger.  Putting up 4 man tent.  Good times.

There’s just such better lakes to fish that typically don’t require you to pay at least nearly as much to park and deal with crowds etc etc.

i guess the perch fishing is pretty damn good but I’d rather fish crappie elsewhere if that’s what I’m looking for. Otherwise, ya I’m going somewhere else to fish

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm around the 7th line of Innisfil, our bay just got ice like a week ago, I ventured out a little yesterday, close to shore only had 3 inches maybe. Hopefully the blanket of snow doesn't hurt the progression much, supposed to be really cold for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...