Gooderham ON, fishing?

GBW

Make sure you pack your banjo ! My Mother was born in 1926 and raised on Glamour Lake. My 3 cousins now own that West shore from inlet dam to outlet dam.

You'd find yourself driving to Haliburton or Minden for groceries I suspect...

Edited by irishfield
  • Like 1

My parents had a place just north of there, fishing was for smallmouth bass or lake trout in most lakes, some lakes have had pickeral (walleye) and/or musky introduced as well. Speckled Trout are native to some lakes and Splake and Rainbows have been introduced to others if you do your stocking list homework. There was NO PIKE 👍 in Haliburton when we were there but I understand that is changing 😟 but they are to the west of that area for now.

• Like 1

My parents live up there. There are plenty of lakes to hit, and lots of species variety depending on where you head.

Gooderham's not much of a town anymore, as many of the kids I grew up with stayed around and became best friends with meth. You've got the Lucky Dollar, gas station and liquor trailer in town, that's about it. Like someone else said, you'll be heading to Haliburton or Wilberforce for groceries. Aside from the meth heads and lack of convenience, it is a beautiful place full of lakes and wilderness.

13 hours ago, GBW said:

A vacant lot sold for WAY more than it's ever worth so I'm still on the hunt.  

Dad bought a place on Loon/Dudmon  about 10 miles north of Gooderham as the crow flies. In 1968 the cottage with 200 feet frontage went for 8 grand and change , he was pretty pleased when he sold it 20 years later for 88, over 10 times what he paid for it, I saw it for rent maybe 5 years ago online, they did upgrade it a lot and put on an addition but it would cost that 8 grand to rent it for a month, crazy

Crazy timing.   Just got back yesterday from some ice fishing in Gooderham at my brothers cottage 

i haven’t fished many lakes in the area but the ones that I have had are good bass lakes.  

Plan on doing some exploring this summer and have spent some time on fish online looking for opps.  Not a ton of walleye around but lots of bass, lakers, rainbow and even Brookie action within a 40 min drive 

in Gooderham there is a timbr mart, small general store, gas station and LCBO for most other things you are heading to Haliburton or Bancroft as someone mentioned 

cheers

Andrew