It,s old,but it works just fine

misfish

A while back my buddy Fisherman donated an old family sleigh. It would seem to be at-least 40+ years old. Hand made. The quality of this  thing is awesome. I hated to take it and do what I was going to do,but he was fine with it.

SO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Skies

Crates

A detachable push handle

Today was it,s first load and go .This is so easy to push. It,s like pushing a shopping cart. No restriction at all.

Thanks pal.

PB240009.JPG.c263539bbf17fca11eaae80a1a8b32af.JPG

PB240011.JPG.806a260a815401d9850cd26a1ee98177.JPG

PB240012.JPG.152c26f070e02168e37bbc11d0beb195.JPG

As for the fishing, a perch and herring and snapped a huge pike off at the hole. His head was as big as the 6" hole. I would say it was pushing 15lb. It was huge.

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, akaShag said:

Why push, instead of pull, Brian?

It is so much easier Doug. I started by just pushing my old smitty with my spud bar. I could do it with one hand, it was that easy. This is why I went this method. and ya, his boys sat on this as he pulled them around. He told me the story of the sleigh. The braces are copper pipe. I will disassemble after this winter and give it a good she lac .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, misfish said:

It is so much easier Doug. I started by just pushing my old smitty with my spud bar. I could do it with one hand, it was that easy. This is why I went this method. and ya, his boys sat on this as he pulled them around. He told me the story of the sleigh. The braces are copper pipe. I will disassemble after this winter and give it a good she lac .

I am guessing you are just using it on the flat, like not up and down hills and such?

3 hours ago, misfish said:

A while back my buddy Fisherman donated an old family sleigh. It would seem to be at-least 40+ years old. Hand made. The quality of this  thing is awesome. I hated to take it and do what I was going to do,but he was fine with it.

SO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Skies

Crates

A detachable push handle

Today was it,s first load and go .This is so easy to push. It,s like pushing a shopping cart. No restriction at all.

Thanks pal.

PB240009.JPG.c263539bbf17fca11eaae80a1a8b32af.JPG

PB240011.JPG.806a260a815401d9850cd26a1ee98177.JPG

PB240012.JPG.152c26f070e02168e37bbc11d0beb195.JPG

As for the fishing, a perch and herring and snapped a huge pike off at the hole. His head was as big as the 6" hole. I would say it was pushing 15lb. It was huge.

Glad you're making use of it.

3 hours ago, Gil Levesque said:

Nice!  Just bought a 3 man Frabil venture in great condition for $50 and  found a free pair of downhill skis to build a smitty sled! Just need 2 cross pieces then ready to go! How much ice you got in Barrie?

I was on 3.6" black this morning.🤣

Will post later,as I am cooking right now.

• Like 1