My 50 Chevy

DanD

Yeah I know, this is a fishing site, and forgive me for this; but the old girl is about finished at the spa. She went in about three years ago for the bodywork she needed (Never tell a body man to take his time LOL). She got new rear 1/4 panels, rocker and sills, door bottoms, and lower front fender panels. Now the guys are starting to put on her makeup, with the first coat of primer. All the replacement panels looked like they were fitted perfectly. Door edge gaps and fender skirts are likely a better fit than factory. Again sorry but I was so happy today to get the pic of all the major bodywork being done. I'll update if anyone is interested. 

1391901324_50Primered.jpg.c6e00f474035504e038b4fac80d63334.jpg

The first time I noticed and realized that I liked this body style of Chev, was when we were in Cuba about 10 years ago and there were hundreds of them for me to check out. Took me about two years to find the car I wanted and in of all places was Cornwall. The motor and drivetrain were pretty much done for. So I decided to put a 1999 V8 (4.8-liter) fuel-injected motor and electronic 4-speed trans in, from a Silverado pick-up. Turned the car into an all-around driver. Loved the corner to corner scoots, blowing away a lot of the rice rocket Hondas, and could cruise the Hwy all day long at a buck 20. So yeah I'm looking forward to getting her back on the road. She's already taken me on a couple of 9-hour (one-way) fishing trips up North and I'm looking forward to many more. 

Dan.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, misfish said:

2 words

FLAT BLACK

Sorry but no flat black for this girl, she'd look too gothic/gangster. Now, my 20-year-old niece, that is going through that stage right now would love it. LOL   I'm thinking a navy pearl would suit her just fine. Something close to the pearl pictured below.

1007152006_Bluepearl.jpg.4fd30e12be0334922e4cf87388d91473.jpg

I'm hoping that it will enhance her curves and body flow, as the different light passes over. I don't want to be out with a hooker, I'd rather an elegant lady in an evening gown. LOL

157552544_Bluedress.jpg.f830c482461e13361e5897b565747f55.jpg

1 hour ago, mamona said:

This beauty can survive 9hrs one way trips??

Yeah and she likes the drive home too. LOL 

Dan.

• Like 2

Wayne.

I really like that shade you picked, with the BEE's sharp/squared fender tops and rear 1/4 lines it makes the edges pop. 

beebluepearlhok0403-00.jpg

But I'm thinking a little deeper colour for the 50. With her rounded fenders, this colour seems to slowly blend/fade from light to dark.

Thanks for the path to find House of Kolor

1350409139_BLUALGAES2-04StrattoBlue.jpg.ad0c14d4bb7154ee0c0b4b9a3e9df1a7.jpg

That'll all see what Brian (painter) has for suggestions. I don't want to force a certain brand of paint on him; that'll only open a barn-sized door of excuses if the paint doesn't lay right. 

Dan.

• Like 1

HOK dealer is in Orillia Dan. Let me know if you need contact information and I'll look through my files. Paint was about $760/gallon + reducer + Klear, etc... There's about $6500 in base sealer/paint/klear on my car, but it's painted underneath as well... 

bee200mileinspectionjune12020 008.JPG

Edited by irishfield
  • Like 2

That is one amazing car Wayne!!!!!

My 50 Chevy has had about 65 years worth of the 216cu" in-line 6cyl. engine and the old three-speed manual trans spuing a ton of oil out onto the underbody. If those motors and trans didn't mark their spot when parked; you'd know it was time to top up the levels. Kind of like a butterball turkey; self-basting. LOL So she's very grimy underneath, but the floor pans and frame are as solid as new. She'll never be a show-quality car like your Bee is, so she's staying just as grubby under there. If anyone at a cruise night female dogs about that, I'll ask them to show me their car and we'll compare. That usually shuts them up pretty quickly! LOL

Dan. 

Edited by DanD
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bill said:

my 1958 Meteor Sedan Delivery

Got any pics?

The same goes for anyone else that might like to share a pic or two of their car/truck or whatever (any project even a wheelbarrow LOL) with us? It would be great to see the projects at different stages of the build.

Dan.

Edited by DanD

I'm just at the stage of gathering the needed parts. I have all the missing dash components and front bumper. Best part is that it is already set up to tow my boat. Trying to free up the pistons in cylinders 1,2 and 6. It sure isn't pretty but I have repaired worse for people. And a picture of someone's finished Meteor.

IMG_3001.JPG

IMG_3002.JPG

IMG_3003.JPG

IMG_3004.JPG

IMG_3005.JPG

rare-1958-meteor-sedan-delivery_9850855.jpg

• Like 2