Pleasure Craft Licence Renewal

Fisherman

7 minutes ago, aplumma said:

We have a few scam companies that in small print confess they are not actually the Coast Guard but a service provided on your behalf to easily Document your Vessel with them for a fee. The information on a documented vessel is public information and they are huckle bucking a lot of people. 

Art

Always someone trying to loosen your wallet with a screwdriver.   Just talking to my bro a couple hours ago, he's 80 but not gullible.  There's a bunch of scammers phoning him for payment for his hot water tank.  It's been there for at least 15 years and I know he never misses paying any bills up front.  I told him, next time tell them to come and give them the address of the local police station.

1 hour ago, Fisherman said:

Surprised to see that they said they are sending out a notification.  I've been at the same address for over 25 years, no notification within 2 months of expiry.   Anyway, got mine back by email today,  looks same as the old one,  saved copies, printed one off and promptly laminated it and it will go in the boat sealed box after supper.

They must pick and choose who they send notices to, mine expired this yr, I never received any notice.  

Edited by gaspumper
added more

29 minutes ago, akaShag said:

now THERE is a new expression for me.

Does it mean "raping"?

Doug

Doug it is a very old saying dating back to an authors famous book from Mark Twain  " The adventures of Huck finn" It was where he conned another person into painting a fence telling them how much fun it was. He was Huckle Bucked into doing hard labor disguised  as something fun. Chubby Checker also had a song and dance called the huckle buck as well. 

Art

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, aplumma said:

Doug it is a very old saying dating back to an authors famous book from Mark Twain  " The adventures of Huck finn" It was where he conned another person into painting a fence telling them how much fun it was. He was Huckle Bucked into doing hard labor disguised  as something fun. Chubby Checker also had a song and dance called the huckle buck as well. 

Art

Thanks Art.  I have read that book, many moons ago.  In my home tome, we called that "huck finn"  as in, I huck finned him into moving the woodpile for me."

Interesting expression!

Doug

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Transport Canada is going to make us all "safer" by renewing a lifetime boat registration number every 10 years for a fee.

Another MONEY grab by the Federal Government - they also are attempting to extort more money for the commercial registration of vessels in Canada, at a time when most Canadian commercial vessel owners are on the brink of bankruptcy - especially the camp owners and outfitters - they do not need another fee hike by the Federal Government in 2022.

Most people are unaware but about 10 yrs ago the FEDS  - TC - changed the antiquated Vessel Registration for Canada -  Legislation that was intended for ships - Ocean going Ships.

Well in their incredible incompetence they wrote the legislation to include EVERY commercially owned vessel.

Well "vessel" means anything that floats basically - so yes they actually required a Canoe, rowboat, peddle boat to be Federally Registered in Canada if it was owned by a business for about a year until we got it changed - the morons had registration requiring notorized documents, photos, gross tonnage calculations for a darn canoe and peddle boat and rowboat.

We were only able to get it up to a 10hp or more boat - so no more canoes etc, but still a disgusting piece of legislation emplaced by TC  - every little fishing camp, lakeside resort in Canada is supposed to RE - register all the little boats they have for the camp from the free lifetime pleasure craft registration number they had to a Commercial Registration number and a renewal fee every 5 Years.  A legislation for Ocean going Ships applied to a 10 hp tinny in a tiny little lake in remote Canadian wilderness - nuts.

Sadly there are thousands of camp and resort owners totally unaware of this legislation or are aware and have not bothered with it, and now they are subject to litigation exposure in the event of any accident, because their boat was not correctly registered with the government.

Yes this is the same group of Bureaucrats who now want the Pleasure Craft licence to have a renewal date and a fee instead of the Free lifetime system, that has worked perfectly fine for decades.

Perhaps its time for EVERY pleasure Craft owner in Canada to ignore TC - toss the pleasure craft renewal paper in the garbage where it belongs.

The current system of pleasure craft licencing works fine, this new TC renewal plan is a pure money grab, it is intended to support the bloated sunshine list payroll of TC - it does not make anyone any safer - even if this "agenda" came from the JOKE - "office of boating safety" - yes the same ones that invented an online PCOC licence - yes that really made us all better/safer boat operators right ?

Money Grab - no benefit to any Canadian citizen, only benefit TC payroll support.

Renewal - toss it 

1 hour ago, Dara said:

Will there be a carbon tax on the motor or does it make it "carbon neutral" if you have paddles

I guess it depends if the paddles are the upscale carbon fiber models. And if you also have carbon or graphite rods and reels, and a cooler full of carbonated drinks, the carbon tax could become quite scary. 

On 12/19/2021 at 12:57 PM, 16 Footer said:

As others have said, this is a scam site.  DO NOT USE IT.  They make it look like an official government site, but it is not.   Spread the word to as many people as you know.  I hate this kind of Bull $hi7 scam and the dirtbags that run them.

Edited by Canuck
  • Like 1