New winter boots (CKX)

GBW

17 hours ago, Weeds said:

Nice boots. Baffin titans supposedly come in at 7.5 pounds a pair, mens size 9.  I had a pair of 13s or 14s and they felt like close to 10 pounds. Warm though.

If you are not a walker, they are very good boots. I have a pair ,8 years now. To heavy for me now as a walker .

5 hours ago, misfish said:

If you are not a walker, they are very good boots.

I would like a pair of these NATS; just for how light they are, but I'm also the guy that'll always seem to find a water/slush hole; that is well above the lower portion of the boot. Soaking the liner through the canvas uppers. Don't know how waterproof the Nats are, but every two-part boot for me means a wet foot. I'll stay with my Kamik Mammoth boot. All rubber halfway up my shin, with a very thick liner; making them very warm. The pair I have are size 12, two sizes larger than what my running shoe size would be. Gives me lots of room to wiggle my toes & feet inside the boot. I can honestly say I cannot remember ever having cold feet while wearing them. Yes with the chains attached they weigh in at 8 1/4 lbs; but I'm not a walker. I do keep a spare pair of lighter Skidoo boots in Sally; just in case of a breakdown where I have no choice other than to walk to safety.

Crapy Tire actually has them on sale right now.

Kamick.png.7c5818a1d26b70f22e4df9b372def52e.png

Here's Sally if any of the newer guys haven't seen her. She allows me a complete change of clothes; stored nicely behind the driver's seat. This was 5 miles out on Lake Nipissing; out of North Bay.

Sally.jpg.e01d3a6cb954ade4c65b5f05b66aa5cc.jpg

4 hours ago, spooner_jr said:

I don't know if they fixed the sizing on the Nat's or not, but I normally wear size 10 and needed a 13.

Oh wow....glad I didn't order a set then. I'd need like 16's or something lol ....not so light any more at that point LOL