Pin Head

misfish

35 minutes ago, lew said:

Really impressive work Brian !!

Thanks Lew

Truth be told,you tube is my friend. There are so many great tiers on there. They are from all over the world. Great thing is,they all have their own ties and takes on other flys.  Like I have said before,I am not one to get into the fancy competition fly ties. I see something that will work here,I will try them. Funny how some of the simplest ties,are so effective here.

Brian 

great looking fly!

Question when you tie are you following an established pattern and making personal tweaks or do you just make them based on matching the hatch?

I don’t know much about flies or fly tying but it’s really an interesting hobby 

cheers

Andrew

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gordy28 said:

Brian 

great looking fly!

Question when you tie are you following an established pattern and making personal tweaks or do you just make them based on matching the hatch?

I don’t know much about flies or fly tying but it’s really an interesting hobby 

cheers

Andrew

Thanks Andrew

Like I mentioned,I follow a pattern that will work in the waters of my area, but there are many different color patterns I can tie. The pin head will match a shiner here on lake Simcoe. It will also match lake Erie shiners. I have sold my ice bugs to guys that fish Erie,as they work what we use on Simcoe .

7 hours ago, misfish said:

Thanks Andrew

Like I mentioned,I follow a pattern that will work in the waters of my area, but there are many different color patterns I can tie. The pin head will match a shiner here on lake Simcoe. It will also match lake Erie shiners. I have sold my ice bugs to guys that fish Erie,as they work what we use on Simcoe .

Cool.  Thanks!   Cool stuff