Gota Do Something.

DanD

Well retirement and lounging around the house was short lived. I think I'm going back to work part time. Not in automotive; I'm done dealing with people having to make grudge purchases. Applied for a position at a firm called Seniors for Seniors. Not sure if I'll get the position; there's a crap load of personal checks and becoming certified in a few areas; which so far can be done on-line? The job would entail that I would become a companion, handyman around the house, driver and help with day to day things (cleaning, cooking ect) that a client may require (No Butt Wiping. LOL). I've always enjoyed being with/helping the elderly and looking forward to a chance to give this a try. 

Maybe I could get into customizing their wheelchairs? 

2066701127_Wheelchair.jpg.ed4f06140a0ca755930365c4b20a3e49.jpg

Dan. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Dan, that's a wonderful idea,  after I retired it took about 6 months and I decided that was enough. I did volunteer work for a few years and loved it!  Your people skills will be put to good use and your mechanical experience will be invaluable. Have fun! 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought I would do the same thing when I first retired. The new job lasted about a month when I was asked, no told by a 23 year old business grad from a community college to clean the washrooms and sweep the floors. Sorry. Good luck. 

I should re read the posts, volunteer, got it, good for you but you will have a supervisor 1/2 your age. Hopefully you can handle it.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

4 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I should re read the posts, volunteer, got it, good for you but you will have a supervisor 1/2 your age. Hopefully you can handle it.

This is a paid position.

Yes I'll have a (1) supervisor; which I think I can handle without a problem. When I had my garage; I had hundreds of supervisors. Every customer told me what I was or wasn't allowed to do to their vehicle. Thanks for the reply though. You never know, this 1 supervisor may turn into the second coming of Hurricane Hazel? LOL

Dan. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 12:46 PM, DanD said:

Well retirement and lounging around the house was short lived. I think I'm going back to work part time. Not in automotive; I'm done dealing with people having to make grudge purchases. Applied for a position at a firm called Seniors for Seniors. Not sure if I'll get the position; there's a crap load of personal checks and becoming certified in a few areas; which so far can be done on-line? The job would entail that I would become a companion, handyman around the house, driver and help with day to day things (cleaning, cooking ect) that a client may require (No Butt Wiping. LOL). I've always enjoyed being with/helping the elderly and looking forward to a chance to give this a try. 

Maybe I could get into customizing their wheelchairs? 

2066701127_Wheelchair.jpg.ed4f06140a0ca755930365c4b20a3e49.jpg

Dan. 

That is basically what I have been doing for 13 years of retirement but the client is my wife and if I know what is good for me I wouldn't refer to her as elderly

Edited by dave524
  • Haha 3