Original Loomis 1562 IMX Rods are Getting a Face Lift

Spiel

• Spiel changed the title to Original Loomis 1562 IMX Rods are Getting a Face Lift
10 minutes ago, misfish said:

That has got to be a be atch of a job, to get that crap off.

With factory builds Brian I know what I'm getting into most of the time, it's the custom builds that always throw a curve or two at me.

You can see in the first picture where I have already cleaned the blank down to factory smooth forward of the original reel placement.

1 hour ago, misfish said:

Beauty work bud. Is that the fat cork handle ?

Thank you Brian.

Not sure what you mean by "fat" Brian.

It's as thin in diameter as I can get it (at its maximum diameter) for the reel seat hardware size which is used in the majority of my Steelehead rods.

Just now, misfish said:

The same as what you did on mine. I found that the cork was much thicker then a factory build. Took a bit to get use to, but much nicer to hold on to then a factory one.

Factory builds, especially sliding ring handles are rather thin (in diameter) I find and tiresome over long days with grip fatigue.
Many of my customers and friends now prefer a slightly beefier grip as they find it less fatiguing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BillM said:

Chris, you ever seal the cork or leave that up to the customer?  

I usually leave it to the customer to ask Bill.
However if I'm using a lower grade cork at the request of the customer that requires some filler I always use a sealer afterwards.

• Like 1