Putting my boat on a new trailer

LostAnotherOne

Was 30 minutes into my trip this morning to HH and unfortunately I had to call CAA to bring in the flatbed.  The trailer is a 94 so I’m not looking to repair it, but to purchase a brand new one come March.  The trailer is severely damaged and won’t be leaving my property.  So I’m wondering what’s the best way to move my 14’ onto another brand new trailer once I purchase it?  Thanks I’m advance

Set the boat back and up on some wooden blocks like cribbing both sides at the back, start gently pulling the old trailer forward and about 2-3 feet from the bow add another support. When the new trailer arrives,  just start cranking it onto the trailer.  Been there done that with a 16 foot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tire stacks are good for cribbing if you have summer tires on rims. Push boat back if on rollers, crank jack up so rear of boat leaves trailer and slowly pull forward. Before boat leaves trailer, build wood/concrete block cribbing under vee or use axle stand to pull trailer free. Do reverse to load boat. A 14’ boat isn’t really heavy. Just make sure it’s stable and watch your skeg

Edited by Hack_Fisherman
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, Dara said:

Those pictures look funny.

I can't see over the snowbanks in my driveway. Lots are 6' high or better

With the sun and rain the last few days the snow has settled to 3' deep in my yard

Not sure why the pictures turned out like that.  You may have to bend your neck to look at them lol.  Here in Norfolk county we got hardly any snow left.

9 hours ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Not sure why the pictures turned out like that.  You may have to bend your neck to look at them lol.  Here in Norfolk county we got hardly any snow left.

It's not the pictures, it's the lack of snow.

Now you are talking putting the boat in and we are still using ALL of the auger to drill an ice hole

Just strikes me as funny.

Enjoy the new trailer. Can't beat reliable equipment