Shimano reel repair update

captpierre

Hi Gents. I posted a while ago that I stepped on my Symetre reel and bent the internal handle. Took it in to Shimano in Peterborough last Thursday. Got her delivered back today. Super nice guy there to deal with. $30 for an overhaul including new handle and bearings plus $10 for shipping. I’m very impressed. That’s service 👌

43D18845-01D0-48B1-BC6B-8183F324EA4A.jpeg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

I've sent them a few of my Calais, they always come back with all kinds of new hardware on the inside and I'm never charged more then the original service amount.   Those boys do good work.   Which reminds me, I gotta pack some reels up and get them out there! 

• Like 1

With high quality brass or even better gearing in most high end stuff…this is what makes spending the extra money sooo much more worth it. You take an old stradic or curado apart even after you’ve fished the thing into the ground, throw in a new bearing, replace a bail spring, clean it, oil it and grease it and the thing performs like new.

once you start servicing your own gear you see exactly what you are paying the extra money for.