Nanofil discontinued ?

misfish

42 minutes ago, DanD said:

Correct me if I'm wrong; but doesn't any form of line (plastics/polymers) degrade with time? Buying up old stock or keeping it for extended periods of time; doesn't it make it weak?

Dan.

It's a Uni-Filament fishing line, not a mono line and not a braid.  Reminds me oF dental floss.

Cast's a mile however!  

Edited by GBW

No one using Fireline crystal as a substitute? I have tried nanofil and although it handles and casts awesome its durability and abrasion resistance is terrible. Crystal I found to have similar handling, (not quite as good) but its strength and abrasion resistance is crazy. Also way over rated test wise so I usually go with 8lb or even 6 and it breaks FAR over that

Thanks for the grimsby tackle tip.  I’ll check it out.  I don’t use nanofil for float fishing.   Not much use for it in that application, I’ve been on the trilene bandwagon for 20 years or so since they stopped making samurai green.  nanofil is the cats keester on a spinning reel though!

On 11/11/2021 at 8:37 AM, mitch seguin said:

I agree on the durability and abrasion issue when using nanofill for floatfishing in freezing conditions.  Crystal is superior IMO.  What is even better is the fireline Ultra 8; however, they have chosen to discontinue this product as well.  I had to search a lot to find one spool.

Seems in the fishing world everything good gets discontinued!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steellee said:

Seems in the fishing world everything good gets discontinued!

It's been like that for a real long time, sometimes even certain colour patterns. What it boils down to is that certain lures and colours sell so well that other product sales drop too much so they drop the big sellers.

• Like 1