GOURGOUS MORNING

misfish

14 hours ago, glen said:

Thanks for putting up your reports. Some of us aren’t getting out much.  Nice to see someone having fun.   

I don't know when it was the last time I wet a line. Today was a 9/10 for any Fall day let alone November, my least favorite month of the year. 23C here on the deck at 13:00. To make it a 10 out of 10 November day Brians fish would be on the end of my line. 

What gives, everybody putting their boats away already. Have you checked water temps recently. I did last Friday and we were still above 50*F and 49.7*F down 25 ft. Our smallies need cooler water to really turn on, even the crappie. Get one heck of a jerk bait bite in that nice 45*F water. You'll find some real piggies out there, once water cools and they really start chasing bait around. My boat goes away when the water is too stiff to break through it.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 2:16 PM, ketchenany said:

Ok I’ll bite, smojo. 

Sorry Albert I did not get back to you sooner .

The rod in the pic, I bought from John Francis ( John F ) https://ontariofishingcommunity.com/topic/52892-johnf-john-oakley-francis/

Sadly, a week later, it was posted that he  had past .  I had no idea he was sick . He was a staple to this forum. One of those  great guys that you have known forever, but never met. Like many we do here .

Every time when I fish with that rod and catch,I look up and say,that was fun eh John .:angel::good:

It,s the MOJO ROD

18 hours ago, plowjock said:

What gives, everybody putting their boats away already. Have you checked water temps recently. I did last Friday and we were still above 50*F and 49.7*F down 25 ft. Our smallies need cooler water to really turn on, even the crappie. Get one heck of a jerk bait bite in that nice 45*F water. You'll find some real piggies out there, once water cools and they really start chasing bait around. My boat goes away when the water is too stiff to break through it.

Salt

i couldn’t even escape it this past weekend and the overnight lows were 8 degrees. Figured it was going to be a solid weekend for a fish, drag the boat up and sure enough a squall came through in parry sound and dumped snow on 559, boat got absolutely coated in salt. 

brought it home and washed the hell out of the boat but I can only think of the mess it made of my trailer and components. 

carpet needs a full cleaning now too smh