Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge

Chrispy

Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if anyone has been to Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge.  I have seen it a couple times on the fishing shows and it looks like the fishing is great.  I am thinking of booking in the spring and just want to make sure they are what they advertise.  Thanks!

My brother and I spent a week there but it was way back in '94 so I can't even guess what it's like now but I can tell you back in the day the place was fantastic. There were 4 or 5 lakes with no access other than thru the camp so basically nobody else fished those lakes other than the guests. We were there early season and were the only ones  in camp so we had the entire place and all the lakes to our selves. Lakes were all land locked but they had boats stored on each one and we just carried a small outboard and gas can from one place to another but they were all easy walks.

Fishing was absolutely amazing, the owners were fantastic and the cottages were #1

Hopefully it's still as good now but who knows what happens over close to 3 decades but it sure may be worth a shot.

Chrispy, thinking back I think it was 2000 we took that trip rather than 1994. My bro and I took a huge number of trips over the years and I got mixed up on that date but the rest of the story still holds true.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks again Lew!!!

Cliff, they just had an episode on Fish TV at the camp.  Like I said, the fishing looks awesome and a couple of others have said their meals are terrific as well.  What I like about it is that you can fish 4 or 5 lakes while there so if the walleye are not biting we can fish bass or go to one of the portage lakes and fish pike and trout. 

If anymore info comes my way, I will be sure to post it for you Cliff.

• Thanks 1

I just got back an email from the guys at Fish TV.  They highly recommend this place.  I know that they shoot a show there every year but I asked them about another trip I went on and they were bang on with their recommendation.  If any more info comes my way I will be sure to post it here for everyone that is interested in going.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I booked it for the 3rd week of June.  Asked Karl from Extreme Anger as well.  He couldn't say enough about the camp and ownership, not to mention the fishing!!  The owner gave me a run down on the phone of the place, what to bring, what to expect, etc.  Really nice guy (Tony) to chat with.  Really looking forward to this trip!!  Thanks to all that had comments, I will be sure to have a report of the place and the fishing when we come back.

1 hour ago, John said:

I'm in...

Lynn and I are interested, working on it. 

21 hours ago, Chrispy said:

Well I booked it for the 3rd week of June.  Asked Karl from Extreme Anger as well.  He couldn't say enough about the camp and ownership, not to mention the fishing!!  The owner gave me a run down on the phone of the place, what to bring, what to expect, etc.  Really nice guy (Tony) to chat with.  Really looking forward to this trip!!  Thanks to all that had comments, I will be sure to have a report of the place and the fishing when we come back.

What exactly are your dates.

Well, I have to say I am impressed! Just got off the phone and had a really nice talk. I was a little concerned that I might not be able to access some of the lakes they offer in their package, climbing rough terrain or long hikes are not something I am comfortable with anymore. No problem, they have transportation 😊. I am so looking forward to this trip and if all goes the way it's sounding I have a feeling I might just be doing it a few times a year😊

• Thanks 1

Are you going to be there on the same date?  If yes, we can pick a day and we can do the portage lake with you and your wife, Tyler and I will help by humping your stuff to the other lake and back, it's about a 15 minute walk from what Tony said, we can just the our time, no problem.  

Well, my lady friend can't make it on this one but a good friend is trying to make it. Unfortunatly he can't make it on the same weekend as you (anniversary or what could be a future devorse date comes into play 😅).  Anyway, I am thinking that I might be making a few more trips, it's got everything I could want from the looks of it. Hopefully we can hook up some other time, and thank you for posting about this place, i would never have known about it otherwise. 

Also, I really want to thank you for your very generous offer, you are truly the kind of person I would hope to be! 

As I mentioned above Chrispy, it's 20 something years since I was there but back then all the portages were very easy, short walks between lakes and unless things have changed you won't have to worry about the walks with the new knee.

We stayed with Tony and his wife in one of there cabins  about seven years ago, best pike fishing on top water baits i have ever experienced and fantastic service. We shall return when time permits. P.s the complimentary bottle of lost lake red was also excellent.

Edited by wee scot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1