The lowest form of people - thieves

Ron

I recently went to Superior North on a fishing trip. It was a great trip until I got home late Monday night. Between the hours of 6am and 8am, some person stole 3 fishing rods out of the back of my truck in my own driveway.

1 outfit was my pride and joy, a vintage G LOOMIS 1562 IMX 13' made in Canada float rod custom rebuilt by our very own Spiel. Along with this rod was my 5" Rainmaker reel20161126_135938.jpg.54843af99e9b908bc1117ee915416b6d.jpg built by Canada Fishing Reels.

The other 2 rod and reel combos were my 8'6" Fenwick Eagle Elite med heavy both paired with Shimano Stradic CI4+ C3000HG.

A generous reward will be given upon the safe return.

20191003_131436.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

Cobourg.

Whoever stole these, wasn't targeted. With construction advertising on the side of my truck. They were hoping to get an easy score. I'm sure if I had my tools in there along with my rods, the Dewalt tools would have been gone instead.

I'm not on the internet much anymore. I don't do Faceplant Twitter or any of the other sites. So if anyone sees this stuff on a buy and sell, please please let me know.

Cheers...

• Like 1

By all means Bill, thanks!

Yes, I have contacted my insurance company.  The claim goes through your home policy. I have replacement value, however, you end up having a claim against you and your rates automatically go up a certain percentage so they recoup their loss  over time, you end up paying for the loss regardless.

I can buy a new reel, (2 yr waiting list).

I have been fortunate to track down one blank, they haven't made them for 35 yrs and still considered the best on the market. Spiel has graciously agreed to build it for me. The downfall, it's just not the same rod I grew to enjoy for 30 plus years.

The other 2 rods (Fenwick Elite 8'6" med heavy) are no longer available. Again, the 2 stolen Shimano Stradic CI4 HG 3000 are no longer available. 

So yes, it is a substantial loss.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Ron said:

I have been fortunate to track down one blank, they haven't made them for 35 yrs and still considered the best on the market. Spiel has graciously agreed to build it for me. The downfall, it's just not the same rod I grew to enjoy for 30 plus years.

Oddly enough Ron I have discovered the original source of that blank and I know what the current seller paid for it.

• aplumma changed the title to The lowest form of people - thieves
1 hour ago, Ron said:

By all means Bill, thanks!

Yes, I have contacted my insurance company.  The claim goes through your home policy. I have replacement value, however, you end up having a claim against you and your rates automatically go up a certain percentage so they recoup their loss  over time, you end up paying for the loss regardless.

I can buy a new reel, (2 yr waiting list).

The other 2 rods (Fenwick Elite 8'6" med heavy) are no longer available. Again, the 2 stolen Shimano Stradic CI4 HG 3000 are no longer available. 

So yes, it is a substantial loss.

if that reel is no longer available they have to go to the next step up .. 

Ron you have always been a gem to me! Recall when you taught me about jumbo Simcoe perch years ago. IMO you should closely examine all homes nearby to see who has security cameras. Perhaps this will result in some leads. Best of luck and IMHO you shouldn't be too worried since you could outfish most of us with an alder twig with cotton line using just a hook with some red fabric on it.

• Like 2

Don't shoot me for this; but your stuff should have never been left in the truck! I can say this so abruptly; because I just did the same thing last weekend. I closed our trailer for the season last Sunday. Got home late in the afternoon and didn't feel like bringing my antifreeze pump and tool box into the house. Got up the next morning, went out to get my stuff and they were gone. I even have a tonneau cover on my truck; but the unwed mother's son (site wouldn't let me type the word I wanted) opened it and scooped the stuff; talk about ballsy. Sorry we both lost our stuff; but school costs money and this lesson was expensive.

Dan.   

Edited by DanD
Changed wording
  • Like 1

This post definitely serves a reminder to keep all your stuff locked away and not exposed.  I just bought 2 kayaks last weekend and even thou I live in the country they are now locked away and not beside the house for everyone to drive by and see.  Checked your vehicles too boys and make sure there locked at night.  The wife’s nephew was caught by his mom a few years ago with 2K in his room.  Asked how he got it he said he used to break into vehicles that were unlocked at night and take what he can get.  He said you would be surprised how many vehicles are unlocked at night.  Hope you find your stuff Ron.

On 10/28/2021 at 5:29 PM, Ron said:

I recently went to Superior North on a fishing trip. It was a great trip until I got home late Monday night. Between the hours of 6am and 8am, some person stole 3 fishing rods out of the back of my truck in my own driveway.

1 outfit was my pride and joy, a vintage G LOOMIS 1562 IMX 13' made in Canada float rod custom rebuilt by our very own Spiel. Along with this rod was my 5" Rainmaker reel20161126_135938.jpg.54843af99e9b908bc1117ee915416b6d.jpg built by Canada Fishing Reels.

The other 2 rod and reel combos were my 8'6" Fenwick Eagle Elite med heavy both paired with Shimano Stradic CI4+ C3000HG.

A generous reward will be given upon the safe return.

20191003_131436.jpg

SHEEIT ! Hope someone find it through internet sleuthing, or random pawn shop visit by members here, and others. also hope the thieves are caught, hopefully still in possession of the rods/reels.

after having my plates stolen, been meaning to get cameras, if only to be able to help cops identify the low lifes.

good luck, and fingers crossed for a happy outcome

That friggin sucks. I HATE thieving POS Scumbags.  

I wish it was legal too hook things up to 600volts.  

And what I’ll never get is how mad thieves get when someone screws THEM. 

I’ve worked with people who “should” have been rehabilitated, but to watch them brag and compare stories when they encounter other “rehabilitated” persons was an eye opener. 

They don’t learn from the system, they learn from each other. And they think they are entitled to take what they want. 

what the hell

Edited by Hack_Fisherman

Ron.  google every pawnshop within 150 klm and see about them sending e-mails with your information and items.  Who knows, someone may call you as that your items are not you run of the mill products, who ever gets them would know they are upper class. 

Good luck getting them back.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Every boater and every fisherman should be on the look out for stolen items. Had an outboard stolen and police just say call the insurance company. There is nothing they can do even if they catch the bugger. They told me he would be out by the time they finish the paper work. So what is their motivation to even look for the thief. Why would they put themselves in Harms way arresting these idiots if only to have them back on the street possibly targeting the cop who arrested them.

There is only one way to deal with these people...if you know what I mean

357996998_stolenJohnsonoutboard.webp.ca0977fa9327255ac700253777f51f3b.webp

IMG_7207.JPG

IMG_7197 (2).JPG

IMG_7203.JPG

I no longer keep a dime in any of my vehicles. Nothing of value, ever. If they want it they will take it, including the vehicle. There was a time in the 80's as soon as my rather expensive car stereo was replaced it was stolen shortly afterwards. We worked hard for our stuff. I know it was the teenaged son of the neighbour across the street ,this was before security cameras. I was positive it was the kid as thier next door neighbour saw him break in. She was an older lady then living alone. She didn't want to get involved which I understood fully. Frustration was knowing who it was and couldn't do anything about it. I did have a talk with his father that got me nowhere except further frustrated. This was not a low income neighbourhood, all brand new homes. After talking to that goof I know where the kid got it from. I got the teen alone one night, I didn't lay a finger on him and didn't need to, nothing ever went missing ever again. Golf clubs gone from the back of the truck while inside the Beer Store when I let my gaurd down 5 years back.I was gone about 5 minutes max. Beware if in Dunnville Ontario, bad street drug culture there. Some pri^% smashed my window out of a Caddy I had to take pocket change in the centre council, in broad daylight mid afternoon. If someone asked I would have given it to them. Worse than a thief is a thief that will go to the extent of murder for a score. That is sub human. Even criminals ripping off fellow criminals is wrong.

It sure sucks for you, especially your favorite rods and reels. These jerk's don't work, never have never will. Your stuff is gone in an hour. They all have thier own "fence" and the fence will even pay them in whatever they put in their arms or up their noses. Sad state of affairs we have. This drug epidemic, even pandemic has been going on for centuries not decades. Cops can not and will not do a thing. Call the insurance company, especially if you visit Dunnville. 

On 11/10/2021 at 12:55 PM, CPH said:

Every boater and every fisherman should be on the look out for stolen items. Had an outboard stolen and police just say call the insurance company. There is nothing they can do even if they catch the bugger. They told me he would be out by the time they finish the paper work. So what is their motivation to even look for the thief. Why would they put themselves in Harms way arresting these idiots if only to have them back on the street possibly targeting the cop who arrested them.

There is only one way to deal with these people...if you know what I mean

357996998_stolenJohnsonoutboard.webp.ca0977fa9327255ac700253777f51f3b.webp

IMG_7207.JPG

IMG_7197 (2).JPG

IMG_7203.JPG

Along with the cops not being interested, it's the judges and lawyers that keep the criminals out of jail to continue the process,   arrest, in, and out, lawyers get paid.