New movie review

It gets terrible reviews, it's like he doesn't even care anymore. I just checked him on IMDB and he's got like six movies this year alone and most have bad ratings. Such a shame when someone who is as rich as he must be still has to get involved with crap movies just to keep making money while ruining his reputation.

• Like 2

Most actors must take anything they can get. Many produce their own films just to earn money with all the Netflix etc. low cost productions. One example is Alec Baldwin producing and staring in "Rust". Studio films are rare these days. They all need the cash to keep up all those mansions they bought. Yaght and airplanes too 30 years ago. I've met a few that lost everthing because they thought the gravy train would never stop running. Nicolous Cage will act in a high school play if he gets paid.

Doesn't matter if you are an actor, sports phenom or rock star your millions will soon be gone living the lifestyle with no money management. Many have made their millions, lost it, made it again and lost it again, the music industry is full of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Doesn't matter if you are an actor, sports phenom or rock star your millions will soon be gone living the lifestyle with no money management. Many have made their millions, lost it, made it again and lost it again, the music industry is full of them.

According to google, Bruce currently has a net worth of $250 mill. I don't think he needs the money...

HH

On 11/3/2021 at 10:03 AM, AKRISONER said:

Cliff the next time you want to watch a movie, google the name of the movie and "rotten tomatos" and it will tell you whether its worth watching or not.

I never ask a skinny guy how the food was and I never ask someone I don't know from Adam how the movie was? 

8 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I never ask a skinny guy how the food was and I never ask someone I don't know from Adam how the movie was? 

it aint just one person or "movie critics" review, its rating system is based on a poll of what the population thinks. Go check the rating of aforementioned film, it could have saved someone a lot of time lol. 

It will give you the most honest result because no one is coming in with an agenda. If they do, their vote is a statistical anomaly anyways.

If the votes are borderline, or in the middle you can chance it, when the movie is basically beat to death you can assure yourself its a horrible movie. Even movies that are ironically bad will get higher ratings because people can appreciate just how good a bad movie can be. When the movie is outright bad, the votes will tell you as such.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

it aint just one person or "movie critics" review, its rating system is based on a poll of what the population thinks. Go check the rating of aforementioned film, it could have saved someone a lot of time lol. 

It will give you the most honest result because no one is coming in with an agenda. If they do, their vote is a statistical anomaly anyways.

If the votes are borderline, or in the middle you can chance it, when the movie is basically beat to death you can assure yourself its a horrible movie. Even movies that are ironically bad will get higher ratings because people can appreciate just how good a bad movie can be. When the movie is outright bad, the votes will tell you as such.

I have a better method to ensure I don't waste the $$$ seeing a bad movie. I wait  until it comes out for free. And yes there is no such thing as free. Oh, and if has Nickolous Cage in it save your $$. I do absolutly love his performance as Ronny the Baker with the one and only Cher as Loretta the emotionally and physically frustrated 40 something widow in "Moonstruck." If anyone here has not seen it you must find it and hopefully enjoy it. Many agree with me as Cher won an Oscar for her portrayal.

On 11/1/2021 at 11:05 PM, Old Ironmaker said:

I've met a few that lost everthing because they thought the gravy train would never stop running. Nicolous Cage will act in a high school play if he gets paid.

Didn't meet any movie stars that lost everything but know more than a few business men that lost millions. Some more than once. Usually they didn't pay thier taxes so they could keep the lights on. One bar owner I know owed the Feds almost a million bucks in federal income tax. He didn't pay his income and remit other taxes for many years and guess what he eventually paid? Zip, ziltch, nada niema nienti, nothin'. Business was in Mom's name and he earned 30K a year as manager. His poor Mother didn't have a clue what he and his accountant was doing for years. Wealthy people don't get wealthy by playing by the rules most of us working stiffs do. But they can look in the mirror every AM with zero guilt, I couldn't if I did that to someone let alone my own Mother. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

On 11/3/2021 at 10:56 AM, Headhunter said:

According to google, Bruce currently has a net worth of $250 mill. I don't think he needs the money...

HH

It's not Google that comes up with these crazy numbers. Most estimates of net worth are way off. They, whomever they are, have me pegged at $2300.00 net worth, way way off, should be minus 2.3 million. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Unfortunately, the New Year's edition of Harry Potter is just a documentary. And the documentary was pretty boring, to be honest. I did really like the possibility to see aged Hogwarts characters, but that's all :( I even bought a subscription to HBO Max, but I regret it. I would better spend this money on iptv reseller. TV channels are still the best option to get the news, series, films, etc. I just wish tv channels would pay more attention to the newest films. Talk shows are good, but they are too much nowadays.

Edited by ChenDirit

On 11/5/2021 at 1:45 PM, irishfield said:

I could spool up Die Hard for you Cliff and some "hot dog jumps into the bun" intermission reels..

basement20212022 130.JPG

basement20212022 048.JPG

Do you still have that projector? My brother gave me for Xmas, 3 of those movie reels with film similar to what you have stacked up. I am going to use them to decorate the man cave.

Edited by Snakecharmer

We've been watching Peacemaker recently. It's basically a super hero series, but the super hero is a Richard Cranium! It certainly isn't a movie that will leave you thinking, it's really eye candy, but I have found myself laughing out loud through every episode!

It stars John Cena as the lead and is available on Crave or HBO+. I would post a link to previews, but they are definitely not safe for work (as is the whole show!) and I don't want to get in trouble here...

HH

PS... Peacemaker has a sidekick, his pet eagle who he named... wait for it.... Eaglely! That still makes me laugh!

1 hour ago, Snakecharmer said:

Do you still have that projector? My brother gave me for Xmas, 3 of those movie reels with film similar to what you have stacked up. I am going to use them to decorate the man cave.

Two of them actually and everything else out of a theater projection booth AND the friggin concession stand at the Drive In! The things a kid brings home when his parents are gone on a ... 

basement2022part9 112.JPG

• Like 2