Roadside Assistance for toy trailers

atvaholic

Just wondering what y'all have for any roadside assistance that covers a trailer? Was on an ATV/fishing in the middle of nowhere (as usual) Had a near bad experience where the trailer came off the ball recently, and it somehow pulled/broke the trailer brake wires. Going to consider some roadside assistance incase I cant get my machines home.

2 hours ago, Fisherman said:

If I'm not mistaken CAA has an option for that in the future.   Why can't you get the trailer home on a "careful" drive and then get the wiring fixed.  Pretty easy to do.

We did manage it. It just got me thinking. The trailer came off the ball, if the tongue mechanism was broken I wasnt getting my ATV's home.

Depending what kind of mechanism the couple has, most of the time it's the 3/4 inch nut under the coupler latch that needs tightening a little bit.  The whole latch mechanism can be replaced on those.    Another point, 10-12 % of total trailer weight including load should be the tongue weight,  lack of that can pop the hitch off.

• Like 1

I have nothing but praise for the CAA Plus I have and will be a lifetime member. I blew a wheel bearing in Nipigon to the point of no longer having a usable axle on the trailer, I had to kick the tire on to launch the boat. CAA covered the cost of hauling my trailer to Thunder Bay to have a new axle installed. 

• Like 1