Curve Lake reg gas $1.249

On 10/27/2021 at 5:16 PM, captpierre said:

We were just spoiled with the ridiculously low Covid gas prices when crude oil prices collapsed. Then Trudeau snuck in his carbon tax. Which, I believe, is to go significantly higher.  But then we get the rebate 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think calling fair gas prices rediculously low, is rediculous. This country is a complete mess. Its only getting worse. 

S. 

• Like 4

The Federal election was called for the same reason when Joe Clark went up against Pierre Trudeau. The old Liberal party members remember what happened way back then.....1978 or so. Anyone remember the 18 cent election?

Back then ole Joe said gas prices were about to be hiked by 18 cents. Pierre attacked but didn't say what he was going to do. Pierre won and then gas went up like Joe said and we all went metric to cover/fool us into not seeing the hike.

Now, right after the election gas prices jumped over 20 cents/litre which is about 80 cents a gallon. 

IMHO the petroleum industry told Joe as it just did Justin that prices were about to soar. If Justin told us this then the other parties would do to him what his dad did to Joe.....attack but not say what they'd do. Just to win the election. The Liberals weren't going to allow this so...election time!

Only reason for it IMHO.  

I figure it is worth the extra few klms to drive to Curve Lake for $1.249 rather than pay $1.449 in Bobcaygeon...it must be about the same distance for you Lew...especially if you need to go down to Lakefield or P'Boro...

Hey, apparently enough people don't mind paying the tax. I pay 10c per meter of natural gas for my house and in less than a year I will be paying almost as much in carbon tax as I do for my gas itself. 9.7c per meter in just carbon tax. Here's just the carbon tax chart:

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/news/2018/10/backgrounder-fuel-charge-rates-in-listed-provinces-and-territories.html

On 10/31/2021 at 9:27 AM, lew said:

This time of year I don't put many miles on the truck Norm so I'm not really too concerned about it. 

You should be concerned. Everyone should. But, instead, we all just sit here and pay the price they want. Its complete garbage. Biggest scam going, among a million others that we just let ride for no reason. This country is a complete mess. Won't be able to afford to live here soon. 

S. 

8 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

$2000+ a year in savings by going electric…me thinks my next truck might just be. 

hoping that the opec  Saudi Russian cartel is going to do anything to help us out is a joke.

I’m seriously thinking about it. Putting solar panels on my roof and supplying the grid or powering my home by way of electric vehicle as the storage system When the power goes down. 
I’m not sure if I can count on any income beyond paying for the solar system. As I’m not sure what the lifespan is. But I’d like the idea of being able to have some income into retirement.