Looking for some low end reels

atvaholic

Looking at some low end reels for the kids in the 1000 and 2500 size. Had a few Pfleugers but they let me down. looking for something that is half decent and will last more than a couple of seasons. Any experience with:

Shimano Sienna

Shiman FX series

Edited by atvaholic

I have 2 Lew's speed spin reels I got at Canadian Tire in Lindsay  I'm guessing 5 years ago.  I have these reels spooled with 4 LB line and only fish Crappies,  Gills and perch with them. They have been bullet proof and work today as well as they did when I bought them. I'm pretty sure they where $29.99 each plus tax. If you can find them somewhere I think they will work well for you  as long as you are going after smaller fish and don't need large line capacity.

I have a few   Shimano Sienna and FX series reels.  I use 4-8lb mono on the cheaper reels.   So I don’t brake them.  
they have been working great for years. And lots of small mouth.  
most of my reels are shimano.  

Edited by glen

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 11:17 AM, porkpie said:

My kids also use the Siennas.  Surprisingly decent reels at a low price.  I also use the smaller ones on almost all of my ice rods.  Good stuff!

Until the plastic square gear starts to let go. Yes square gear in the Sienna reels. It is a bit of a task to get it lined up properly after cleaning.

The drag disks, as with most reels,work much better once they were cleaned and lightly lubed.