September musky.

limeyangler

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

Amazing! Is the water always that colour? Looks kinda muddy/murky

Yes, Wabigoon Lake looks like a Timmies double/double all year. The whole area is mostly clay. The fish are also very pale, low light penetration, kind of the same effect as those albino salamanders that live in caves, lol, no need for any pigment. It’s all vibration and scent for fishing. Got a couple more yesterday evening too, definitely holds lots of fish despite the water clarity. Walleye, perch, pike, crappie, bass and musky, lots to choose from. I’ve even caught the odd whitefish and eel pout too, very productive but also challenging, good fun.

Yesterday’s musky……(and a decent pike)3DDB8869-71B2-4913-A251-05EEB064EF2F.jpeg.c385f057cb6ad99636e610cf7057672b.jpegAB4E2FAE-B69C-48F5-B7E8-DB35951EDEFB.jpeg.a77420492f511f199344da51818108e4.jpegF4F15DA7-AC84-47F0-9584-1E7972708B5A.jpeg.112436917751ce41c33087442c4b182e.jpeg

Edited by limeyangler
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, limeyangler said:

Thanks Rich, not world records for sure, but fun as heck anyway.

I just got back last week-end from two weeks on the North Channel of the French River.  All I have to show for it was one lazy follow the first day.  Of course the weather was not the best for me.   Still happy to see other anglers having fun and success.    Videos like this - keep the rest of us pumped.   Thanks again

16 hours ago, BillM said:

How's the topwater bite for them?

Kind of 'iffy' on the topwater, which is a shame because nothing beats that sudden explosion. Mostly bucktails buzzed over the weeds, with the odd spinnerbait (when the weed is really thick) or a boilermaker. Its weird because I can buzz all of those lures over the tops of cabbage which in effect is 'topwater' , but throw an actual topwater on and there seems to be little to no interest whatsoever.

15 minutes ago, Rich Clemens said:

I just got back last week-end from two weeks on the North Channel of the French River.  All I have to show for it was one lazy follow the first day.  Of course the weather was not the best for me.   Still happy to see other anglers having fun and success.    Videos like this - keep the rest of us pumped.   Thanks again

Had plenty of those days too....just makes for a pretty boring video, so you don't see them.....lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DICKEYRIGS said:

Nice, you are in god's country when it comes to freshwater fishing. If I could make a good living I would be there too !

I make a pittance compared to what I could make in a city, but “good living” is more than money for me, I’m happy here, poor…. Lol… but rich in other ways.

• Like 4