Pier therapy

Rustic-Fisher

After a week of hockey tryouts and stress for the young fella , sometimes the best therapy is forgetting about everything and just chucking lures off a cement pier, left the boat at home … grabbed 3 lures and just went.

Cast … retrieve …reflect and then cast again . The fish are truly a bonus!

C9A64ADF-4DFA-4A47-B26C-3670FB51E6D4.jpeg

0ACE22F6-DDD4-40A0-8F6D-4364497FF185.jpeg

• Like 8

In the council meeting the local government claimed it was to protect people strolling around the pier with their lattes, dogs, phones, babies etc from anglers chucking pieces of metal with 3 hook points. I know there was also an issue re the Oct 15th date to do with the passage of boats to and from the lake via the channel which runs along the eastern pier. All boats are supposed to be off the water in the marina by that time. The  shore anglers chucking spoons at boats that for one reason or another had run afoul of their "rights". Who would have thought. I have had shore anglers chuck spoons at me in my pontoon boat at Bronte on numerous occasions. The city council has lots of conflicting constituencies to deal with at both piers in Oakville and this is their decision. It's probably a relatively good one imo but I would bet that soon some sort of parking effort will be used to curtail fishing at Bronte. Here in St Catharines the parking is now very expensive at the beaches UNLESS you can prove you live in St Catharines then it's free with a card to hang   off the rearview mirror. Ultimately I think for the cities there's more money in lattes, dog walking, strollers with babies and the commerce they bring as opposed to anglers who don't spend a dime. I hope I'm not bursting anyone's balloon but I think in the coming years we are going to see severely strapped governments at all levels and they will be implementing taxes and fees that were heretofore unheard of.

On 9/22/2021 at 12:08 PM, Snidley said:

I saw that kid catch the fish at Bronte from my 'toon. Good going and congrats to dad for taking the kid out fishing. 

Thx …. We were much further East , glad to hear other kids are into them also .  I don’t fish for them much anymore once they enter the rivers or mouths BUT love seeing how amped up my son gets fishing for them !

On 9/21/2021 at 7:21 PM, Rustic-Fisher said:

After a week of hockey tryouts and stress for the young fella , sometimes the best therapy is forgetting about everything and just chucking lures off a cement pier, left the boat at home … grabbed 3 lures and just went.

Cast … retrieve …reflect and then cast again . The fish are truly a bonus!

C9A64ADF-4DFA-4A47-B26C-3670FB51E6D4.jpeg

0ACE22F6-DDD4-40A0-8F6D-4364497FF185.jpeg

Outstanding!! Lifetime memory right there!