Lake Biscotasing

floater

Just got back from Bisco. Great fishing trip. The Sultan Road was in better shape than most roads in Toronto. No issues at all driving in the 70 Km to D&D cottages. Nice cottage with Bell Express view for the one rain day we had. We trolled mostly bottom bouncers with worm harnesses and managed to land over 60 pickerel between two guys. Biggest was 18 inches and allot in the  14 to 17 inch size. Manages a few pike as well with biggest about 30 inches. Its a really big expanse of lakes up there with.many km of boating.  Not our highest number of fish trips but worth a trip back. Next time we will go back in the spring and hope for more pike. 

• Like 2

We stayed in Cottage One. It was 60 bucks per night per person. It sleeps ten to twelve, if there are two couples, or ten if just guys.  Cottage has hydro. Baseboard Heat and hot water tank. Lots of hot water. Water is from lake so bring your own for coffee. Bell Express View. New screened in porch. You can leave your boat in the water at the docks. The docks are about 80 meters from the cottage in a sheltered bay. There is a fish cleaning hut with hydro so I charged my boat batteries every day. There is a general store in the small town that sells booze and beer and some other necessities.  Very pricey though. You can get gas at the store and there are other guys that sell ice and worms and minnows scattered throughout the town.  The owner didn't mind how many or how few stayed in the Cabin. By the end of the 9 days there were only two of us. This may be different in the spring but not sure. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, floater said:

We stayed in Cottage One. It was 60 bucks per night per person. It sleeps ten to twelve, if there are two couples, or ten if just guys.  Cottage has hydro. Baseboard Heat and hot water tank. Lots of hot water. Water is from lake so bring your own for coffee. Bell Express View. New screened in porch. You can leave your boat in the water at the docks. The docks are about 80 meters from the cottage in a sheltered bay. There is a fish cleaning hut with hydro so I charged my boat batteries every day. There is a general store in the small town that sells booze and beer and some other necessities.  Very pricey though. You can get gas at the store and there are other guys that sell ice and worms and minnows scattered throughout the town.  The owner didn't mind how many or how few stayed in the Cabin. By the end of the 9 days there were only two of us. This may be different in the spring but not sure. 

Thanks for posting. This place is on my bucket list!

do you know what they charge for boats? Mines pooched for the rest of the season :(

Boats were 50 bucks per day plus gas. He had 5 gallons for 45 bucks so bring gas! You can fish as close as the railway bridge. It's only about 600 meters from the dock. All the locals jig there in the evenings. We trolled bottom bouncers across all points and only did a little jigging.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 7:28 AM, floater said:

Was the cottage like a big open dorm full of bunk beds, or does it have a bunch of bedrooms? 

Is it comfy enough for families or is this a real basic roughin it type place? I don’t care if it’s the ritz...just want to know if this is a guys weekend spot or good enough for a family trip. 

2 hours ago, mikdor said:

I stayed at a nice little operation the last three years it is very reasonably priced and will accommodate 4 people and Ed will put You on the fish. Give him a call at 705-239-0809

.Do they have a website 

and a name

please

Edited by Terry

Thanks, it’s funny none of them have pricing on their website 

I almost always go with a lodge that shows their price. It makes it much easier to make a discussion rather then talking on the phone and writing down price hoping  you asked all the right questions 

• Like 1