I need some advice

Big Cliff

5 years ago I lost my solemate and the love of my life of 38 years. It's been a rough road, I'm not even going to try to describe my journey but I know some of you have traveled it before me. 

Last year I met a lady, she is kind and good, she seems to care about me. I am thinking about asking her to move in with me. She has already said she wants to live with me. What I don't know is; do I need to get some sort of legal doccument done up? I have my children to think about, I guess where I am finding a hard time is trying to decide the differance between living together and cohabiting. 

Cliff,  I call you friend and have had many chats and you visited my home. Advice I can’t give on this matter. In our situation Our mother made sure that what we owned common with my brother (a farm and condo) passed on to my self and brother. When her time came to and end we had no problems with both properties. Made our life very easy. As someone suggested a will will ensure that no legal arguments occur. 
Not much but a thought. 

Keep well

A

Ah Mr Cliff B, Sue and I are happy for you!  Can I suggest you call my family law lawer in town who Sue also hired when she was doing her thing with her ex?  Carol Jamison is in town and also in Minden so her time is split.  A great and smart family law lawyer!  Sue and we directed to do a co-habitation when we 1st got serious, but that all went out the window the second we got married.  Carol is easy going, very well versed and for someone of her caliber; still a fare rate!  

Good luck my friend and again we are very happy for you!  

21 hours ago, Pikeslayer said:

You really need to consult a family lawyer. NOT a fishing forum. ‘M’ say so as well!!
You have to protect your family and your self above anyone else. 

I am only going to add this Cliff . I know a ole fella that is as kind as you . Heart of gold. His mrs,s passed and a few years later,he met another and well,it did not work as he had planned. She tried to take from him, but he was wise and said,out you go.

Question

Have you been watching grumpy ole men and grumpier ole men ? Both are hot ole ladies .LOL That was a laugh for ya, just so ya know .

Thanks for the replies and advice. We both agree that having a legal doccument drawn up is the best idea. We aren't even sure if we are going to do it yet but it doesn't make much sense for both of us to live alone and support two house holds. Anyway, I will be talking to a lawyer in the morning. 

• Like 6