Motor Craft in Jordan Harbour

benash02

I was wondering if anyone can give me a definitive answer as to whether or not Motor Craft are allowed in Jordan Harbour. I looked on other fishing forums and there are so many conflicting answers. I went out this weekend and took a look, if I launch on the Lake Ontario side and trim my motor the channel is deep enough to get my legend into the harbour. The only motor craft I could see was a small boat with motor tied to a dock on the far side of the harbour. With The salmon running soon was hoping to pull an all nighter there as they will run through the channel. Thanks in advance. 

You can go into the harbour with a boat you just can't launch from the conservation area. just be careful because it does get very shallow and the deepest parts are only about 8 feet with a normal water level and if its low it will be even shallower. I would use a Bathymetric map to plan where you want to fish so you dont smash your prop.

5 hours ago, benash02 said:

Do you fish there often?

I fish for channel cats quite frequently there and they get quite sizeable in there. I am just starting to get into salmon this year but I won't be on my yak and I will be on the shore. What part are you going to fish? I would think either the top or where it turns narrower would be good.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, benash02 said:

No unfortunately not my son arrived home unexpectedly and wanted to go p north fishing so we did that instead. Had some good bass fishing in grey Bruce area. 

B66A4A51-ED56-45C1-865A-EA7EE9E02EDD.jpeg

D5F8C46F-14B2-4609-9401-86039128FA08.jpeg

20583734-66B5-49D9-AAFF-AB20D69252FD.jpeg

F3DDC2CB-9DD9-455A-ADE8-CE215805B6C0.jpeg

There was a time when the Largemouth fishing was quite good in Jordan Harbour

10 hours ago, A cacher said:

That is what I have been told, I have tried as of recently and the bite is either non existent or very tough. 

That was in the 80's and earlier, we also ice fished there in winter back then for perch and pannies. 

12 hours ago, A cacher said:

It seems too me as it is too shallow and murky to support a population of anything other that cats. it is 0 visibility no matter where you are and is quite shallow in most of the bays. Its quite unfortunate. 

Yes it is silted in badly over the last 30 years, not that it ever was very deep but not as shallow as today.

Edited by dave524
  • Like 1