Lower Buckhorn

fisher

Hey guys. Hope your lines are ways stay tight. Unfortunately I can’t say the same about mine. 

been at a cottage in lower buckhorn for 2 days now and never been as frustrated over  fishing. Other than a few bass, we have only caught sunfish!

anyone care to offer some suggestion on where and how to get into some walleye or crappie? 

I'd fish the weed edges in the evening for crappie.   Little stuff like Lunker City Fin-S plastics tossed to the edge and worked back as been deadly for me.   You'll also find crappies pushing bait fish up against the edges and possibly seeing swirls on the surface.  The action is usually hot and heavy then it just comes to a complete stop.   Small body baits should also work well.   I find edges in 12-15ft with access to deeper water are usually the best in the waters I fish.

Probably a little too late, and only things we do to catch walleye but the house on the island in the southwest corner of deer bay, jigging that is productive for walleye and trolling cranks up and down the west shoreline of deer bay worked well. The 40' hole in the north east corner of deer bay caught us a feed of 8-10 inch perch a month or so ago.

Edited by jonasdry