New camera

Dave Bailey

Finally splurged on something better than my Fuji CrappyCam. Read good reviews on the Canon EOS M50 MkII, so I picked one up. Then got a Sigma 18-300mm to go along with it, it's made for a full-frame Canon but and adapter makes it fit. Going at this slowly and gently to reduce the amount of swearing, so haven't taken a lot of pictures yet. 10 days camping in Algonquin afforded some measure of practise, and I'm pleased with the set-up, any screwups are probably mine alone. 

1612318703_IMG_1032copyright.jpg.50811049faaaea526f250d8cf7cb6abf.jpg

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_0972.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

Edited by Dave Bailey
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to know how you can make a black and white portrait on an iPhone or take a photo without blurring, but to have a sepia effect or something like that? I know there's a https://backlightblog.com/black-and-white-portrait-iphone manual, but I don't always manage to follow it. The iPhone XR and iPhone SE have a portrait mode and you can play with the focus, but I can't. Does the Portrait Lighting feature on the iPhone X work on other models? What can it be used for?

Edited by Jantaray

• 9 months later...
On 9/19/2021 at 8:22 AM, Jantaray said:

I would like to know how you can make a black and white portrait on an iPhone or take a photo without blurring, but to have a sepia effect or something like that? I know there's a https://backlightblog.com/black-and-white-portrait-iphone manual, but I don't always manage to follow it. The iPhone XR and iPhone SE have a portrait mode and you can play with the focus, but I can't. Does the Portrait Lighting feature on the iPhone X work on other models? What can it be used for?

Sorry about the late reply, life sometimes gets in the way. Can't speak for others, but I just shoot with the camera and do everything else once I upload them to the computer. I tend to be a bit forgetful [/understatement] and forget to change things back to normal, resulting in gettijg things like B&W pictures when I thought it was in colour. You can change colour to B&W or sepia or whatever on the computer, but you can't change B&W to colour. 

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I would like to know how you can make a black and white portrait on an iPhone or take a photo without blurring, but to have a sepia effect or something like that? I know there's a https://backlightblog.com/black-and-white-backrooms-portrait-iphone manual, but I don't always manage to follow it. The iPhone XR and iPhone SE have a portrait mode and you can play with the focus, but I can't. Does the Portrait Lighting feature on the iPhone X work on other models? What can it be used for?

I wonder if it's good to use it on more advanced versions of iPhone?