A Trio of Salmon

Fisherman

Took the chance with my cranky back and went along with my son out to GB for a morning of lure washing.  Meet at 0500 at the launch,  load my coffee, lunch, myself and a few pain killers and off we went.  No sooner out of the harbour and the waves were a tad on the large size but dammit we're going.  A slow ride out but set up by 0530, rig and set the rods.  At sunrise the first rod pops, nice 11 lb'er, into the box.  About 40 mins later, a 7 lb'er bit the cheater, you're coming for supper.  Around 8, a zinger, line burner,  ends up being a 15 lb'er, nice fight and into the box.  A few minutes later another on the cheater but managed to free itself.  That's all my back could handle, time to get back to hard ground.  Had a great day, I'm glad he convinced me to go.

IMG_20210819_102317.jpg

IMG_20210819_102336.jpg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, captpierre said:

Healthy looking fish. 10 yrs ago the only salmon I caught on a GB outing was skinny. Big head, no gut.  Seems the bait fish are back. 

I have seen nothing but huge fat salmon the past 6-7 years now . Largest I have caught was last year, 26lb hen.

• Like 1