Algonquin Trip Report - Newest Post

gordy28

Not long back from my second ever Algonquin adventure

We spent 3 days and 2 nights in the park - putting in at Rock Lake and making our way to Clydegale lake

It was an awesome time although the fishing was a bit of a bust - not the parks fault, blame lays squarely on the anglers lol

As a GTAer I am always amazed at the beauty and remoteness of Algonquin - it was around 3.5 hours from Mississauga to Rock Lake but once we crossed into Pen Lake its like being in a different world

https://www.northernjacks.com/post/3-days-in-algonquin

Cheers

Andrew

p05Jma1.jpg

• Like 3

Great Trip Report Andrew! There’s nothing like venturing into Algonquin’s backcountry with good friends. Portages can certainly be tough if you have a bunch “just in case” gear.
I’ve been going every spring since 2010 for the trout, except the past 2 due to COVID closures. I’m turning 64 this week, and will keep returning, until I can’t.

• Like 1

Good report.

But you are still YOUNG, for God's sake!!!!!!!

Algonquin is awesome, and there are better lakes that will cough up trout, even for newbies - or, I guess I have to admit, there USED TO BE such lakes.  I have not dipped a paddle in Algonquin for a couple decades.............🙄  Shoot me a note for a couple ideas, mind you the one had a portage that was a hair over a kilometre.  But once you are past such a portage, all the wannabes are eating your dust, it separates the men from the boys so to speak.

Doug

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 9:47 AM, RayK said:

Great Trip Report Andrew! There’s nothing like venturing into Algonquin’s backcountry with good friends. Portages can certainly be tough if you have a bunch “just in case” gear.
I’ve been going every spring since 2010 for the trout, except the past 2 due to COVID closures. I’m turning 64 this week, and will keep returning, until I can’t.

Thanks - and for sure - I think we can definitely cut down on some gear if we decide to tackle a longer portage 

20 hours ago, akaShag said:

Good report.

But you are still YOUNG, for God's sake!!!!!!!

Algonquin is awesome, and there are better lakes that will cough up trout, even for newbies - or, I guess I have to admit, there USED TO BE such lakes.  I have not dipped a paddle in Algonquin for a couple decades.............🙄  Shoot me a note for a couple ideas, mind you the one had a portage that was a hair over a kilometre.  But once you are past such a portage, all the wannabes are eating your dust, it separates the men from the boys so to speak.

Doug

Lol - for sure - I only meant old in the sense that the last time I was there I was younger and in better shape  - will definitely hit you up Doug - I think we are going to return next year for sure

Cheers

Andrew

• 4 months later...