Baby Tiger?

limeyangler

Had a bunch of follows yesterday evening and got a consolation prize of a wee little one that chased a whopper plopped a full 100yrds, made quite a wake for such a little guy. I couldn’t help notice the distinct ‘bars’ on it… tiger musky?

CD5940CC-F0DF-429B-B3B9-628013A3AE0D.png

Edited by limeyangler
  • Like 1

haha never noticed the 100 yard part til now. That is a loong cast if you indeed were casting. For trolling, I wonder how far muskies will travel following a lure? I watched one follow in the prop wash for a while, he definitely got pulled away from his home zone as he followed me around.

4 hours ago, Rizzo said:

haha never noticed the 100 yard part til now. That is a loong cast if you indeed were casting. For trolling, I wonder how far muskies will travel following a lure? I watched one follow in the prop wash for a while, he definitely got pulled away from his home zone as he followed me around.

Hundred yards might be an exaggeration… lol…but easily 75 feet. I actually use a spinning reel on a Heavy St.croix, I can cast pretty darned far, and it’s what I’m used to, I have the Tranx and a Beast, not a fan of bait casters.

1 hour ago, nlpaintballer said:

I am with you limey. St. Croix xtra heavy fast action paired with a ci4 4000. Awesome setup for everything.

Cool, yeah I have an xtra heavy and a heavy St.croix. I recently got the xtra heavy because I was losing too many fish, don’t think the heavy action had enough backbone for good hook sets, especially at distance. I also have a Stradic 4000 spooled with 30lb power pro Super Slick8, works like a dream, casts to the horizon and no birds nests, also much more versatile setup than with the bait caster, a bait caster would be virtually unworkable for when I visit Antigua with the prevailing gale force easterly winds that rarely drop below 30kmh .