Stuck wheels on snowblower

1 hour ago, ketchenany said:

Removing the whole wheel to get at the valve. 

Does it have a removable pin to slide the wheel and tire off the shaft?  If so, then the wheel center is probably rusted to the shaft.  Post a picture if you can.

15 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

Post a picture if you can.

Thats my job. LOL

Albert,put some oil  or WD ,on the shaft and the rim area. Let it soak a bit. Over night if you want, that would be better . Then give the rim a few hits with a hammer all around the rim. That should loosen it .

• Haha 1

All solutions are welcome, I’ll start tomorrow with the lube thing over night soak, ‘rubber’ hammer. 
I have until the snow comes. This thing is 32 years old (Craftsman) start great and runs the same. Only used it once last year. But want to keep it looking good. 

1 hour ago, ketchenany said:

All solutions are welcome, I’ll start tomorrow with the lube thing over night soak, ‘rubber’ hammer. 
I have until the snow comes. This thing is 32 years old (Craftsman) start great and runs the same. Only used it once last year. But want to keep it looking good. 

Your's is still a spring chicken, mines an Ariens from '68 and still going strong.

29 minutes ago, ketchenany said:

Those babies aren’t coming off, I did manage to twist the tire until the valve popped out :) and now will inflate them. 
Probably the only way is a torch. 

Well you got lucky with that one, I would still make the effort to keep putting the rust buster to the axle to get the wheels off and when you do, grease the bejesus out of them.

On 7/22/2021 at 10:30 AM, AKRISONER said:

.i hope Dan doesnt see this and tell me that Im a moron for ever doing this.

LOL!

You should never force anything; just get a bigger hammer. I broke 3 5lb slide hammers trying to get a rear wheel hub off of a C3 Corvette. I then went and bought a 10lb; just like butter. LOL There's some crazy crap we have to go through in this trade; just to do what looks like a simple job

Dan. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DanD said:

LOL!

You should never force anything; just get a bigger hammer. I broke 3 5lb slide hammers trying to get a rear wheel hub off of a C3 Corvette. I then went and bought a 10lb; just like butter. LOL There's some crazy crap we have to go through in this trade; just to do what looks like a simple job

Dan. 

I always said, those car enthusiasts in arizona have no friggin clue what working on cars actually entails.

truthfully I feel like 90% of a mechanics job is just trying to get siezed bolts off of your vehicle. 

3 hours ago, DanD said:

LOL!

Dan. 

LOL, one of my senior techs told me he needed a bigger hammer. I was about ready to chastise him until I actually saw why he needed a bigger hammer.