Help! Fishing near Mattawa past Deep River

docshaman

Hey all!

We're heading up to Antler's Lodge near Mattawa with the family and will have LOTS of fishing opportunities on the Ottawa River.  Thinking open water walleye and rocky ledge bass and pike.

Anyone have any suggestions for lures and/or techniques you've had success with in that region?  Right now I'm thinking swim jigs and crankbait trolling for walleye and for the bass and pike soft plastics or stick baits.  Any ideas are more than welcome!!!

Thanks everyone!  :D

On 7/20/2021 at 8:49 AM, akaShag said:

I have not fished at that exact spot, but the Ottawa up that way has a LOT of current, so make sure you have heavy jigs.

Great thought! I usually try to keep off of the full current flows but that is a fantastic point!  I'll be sure to get a little extra weight on the line!

• 2 weeks later...

Well...the trip to the lodge was fantastic and can't say enough good things about the place!  But the fishing was REALLLLLLY hard!!!  Unless you are looking for pike and the odd bass the fish at this time of year have spread deep and wide.  Hot summer and stormy weather mixed days made the difference much more than I thought it would.  At least it was the same for everyone there and not just me! hahaha  Either way...a bunch of pike and a bunch of smiles on my kids was perfect!  :D

• Like 1