Wabigoon musky

limeyangler

Been fishing almost exclusively for musky this past week by myself and two evenings with a Father and son staying at Indian Point Camp where I guide from time to time. I’m relatively new to the musky game, and scoffed at people when they told me it’s addictive, I have to admit I have an addiction…. 😂. Been raising fish, follows, and heartbreaking losses before getting the net under them, too many to even put a number to, but did put some in the boat.

43DA786B-EEB3-4A49-A9DC-0BE7BF568FA6.jpeg

7ECBB027-C58C-4227-9033-7A9573E60597.jpeg

6C0B4E11-61D9-42C7-BC7A-E03880D7F3A6.jpeg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, LefroyFisherman said:

Awesome fish! nice work!

How big is the one in the third picture?

I never got a tape on it, it was such a shambles netting and unhooking all by myself in almost complete darkness I thought it best to get it in the water again ASAP, it swam away happily. My initial thoughts were over 50”, and looking at the picture my guess is well over 50”. It’s head across the top from gill plate to gill  plate must have been 9”, a really scary beast! I’m 6’2” and if I held it up it would come up to my chest at least, I think it was just under 60” but I guess I’ll never know or be able to prove it, but I’m counting myself in the over 50” no matter what anyone says.

Edited by limeyangler
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, limeyangler said:

I never got a tape on it, it was such a shambles netting and unhooking all by myself in almost complete darkness I thought it best to get it in the water again ASAP, it swam away happily. My initial thoughts were over 50”, and looking at the picture my guess is well over 50”. It’s head across the top from gill plate to gill  plate must have been 9”, a really scary beast! I’m 6’2” and if I held it up it would come up to my chest at least, I think it was just under 60” but I guess I’ll never know or be able to prove it, but I’m counting myself in the over 50” no matter what anyone says.

Wow! Monster! I gotta start fishing way up there sometime

good for you! My second musky ever was a true beast (of course all of em look like a beast when you are new to muskies!) but I also figured I was a part of the 50" club...I did not measure it either. When they are that big, you just know. My buddies did razz me about it, so when I did catch another over 50 I made sure to measure it and make it official. Congrats on an awesome fish