Amazon is like buying gas

wkrp

Every time I view a particular fishing rod on amazon the price gets higher. Its become a game for me now to see how high I can get the price to go. So far in the last week they have upped the price by $21

Edited by wkrp
mistake

I had heard that from someone else but I have never noticed it. I don't buy a lot from Amazon anymore, they were quoting one or two day delivery and when you placed the order it became 4-6 days delivery. I'll have to keep an eye out for the escalting price thing, thanks

44 minutes ago, Big Cliff said:

when you placed the order it became 4-6 days delivery. 

I ordered an item from Amazon last Saturday and it was delivered the next day.

Don't get much better than that  LOL

its based on an algorithm using stock volume. Pretty simple, limited number of vendors with limited stock the price goes up. The vice versa when you have multiple vendors selling the same item. 

When you shop amazon, also scroll through the options, often times you will find the exact same product at a cheaper price simply due to packaging etc. This rings especially true for higher volume stuff like tools, wire and terminal ends. 

47 minutes ago, lew said:

I ordered an item from Amazon last Saturday and it was delivered the next day.

Don't get much better than that  LOL

That use to happen all the time and I am sure that covid is playing a big role in delivery times, it's just when you see "2 day guarenteed delivery" then you place the order and it gets changed it can be a little frustrating especially when you are paying for prime

• Like 1

I've been stung a couple of times on longer delivery time mainly because the item had to come up from the states...Eventually I got my order...Most times Amazon delivers as promised or even a day or two earlier...

Mind you they did send me an e-mail notifying me of the delay !

Edited by Beans
to add to post