Zero turn mowers.

I need advice on whats the best homeowner grade zero turn mower available at the moment.  I’d like to do a pro grade but they seem to start at 7k which is a bit above the budget.  Need to do a hair under 3 acres of mowing weekly, all flat ground.  Thanks for your input.  Also if you have a good dealer recommendation in the North Bay, Sturgeon Falls or Sudbury area I’d appreciate the name.

Edited by porkpie

I have 4.18 acres of land but only cut around 2 1/2 acres of it. Bought one of these 2-3 years ago https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/bad-boy-zt-elite-zero-turn-lawn-mower-with-747cc-khl-pro-engine-bzs60kt745 my son who cuts the grass loves it, much better than our scrapped Cub Cadet or other MTD products.

I, or my son have been planting trees here for 30 years, so it would be hard to give an accurate estimate of how much time it saves over our last Cub Cadet 54 inch mower, but it is a lot. Flat wide open ground would be even more.

Thanks for the input.  I like the idea of buying a used pro unit and I’m mechanically handy enough to deal with a number of issues.  That said it seems like just about everyone wants drug money for anything used at the moment, from boats to ATV’s to mowers....  anyway, something will come up!

• Like 1

We are looking at the Toro timecutter with suspension and a commercial motor and fabricated deck.  I’ve had some positive feedback from a few people online, and it turns out a carpenter friend has owned one for the last 4 years and apparently it’s been flawless for him. It also doesn’t hurt that it’s actually in stock at Hamelins in North Bay.  Most used commercial I’ve been looking at has been in the same price range if it isn’t entirely beaten on.  Anyway, if it’s anything like my 20 year old Toro self propelled it should do the trick.  I have not been able to kill that thing and believe me I have tried!