Taking kids and nephew trip help

jnic

Hi all, taking my two boys 19 14 and nephew 17. Loooking for great fishing, drive to boat in. Anywhere Hearst east including Quebec. Just trying to find trip they will remember any suggestions much appreciated. Going mid July thanks

I would highly suggest Kipawa. From the launch in Kipawa village Alwaki lodge is a 14 mile boat ride and Kipawa Lodge is another 8 miles past that. It's a beautiful lake the will leave you wanting to go back for more. There are some other lodges accessible from the northern end at Laniel but I'm not familiar with them. Also 1 camp right near the village but it's a busier part of the lake. Lake Trout and Walleye are the main targets but there are lots of Pike and the Smallmouth Bass  population is rapidly spreading through the waterway south down to as far as Hunter lake now.                             

• Like 1

Gouin Reservoir is a VERY long trip, and the last bit is all gravel.  There is a lot of water there too, if the lads are going to be out on their own at all.  (Think, lost on Gilligan's Island....)

I never fished Kipawa but a buddy fished it for years and loved it.

Just looked up Caesar's North Camps and I see they are a fly-in.  But you still have to drive to Clova, which is a VERY long ride.

Edited by akaShag

I’ve never been to any of the lodges or camps in Quebec but I will say for a first time trip w kids Shag is into something about looking at smaller lakes or more remote lakes

My groups first fly was to a small lake w White River and it was magical   Small enough that we weren’t daunted by figuring it out and great fishing so we never got bored 

No experience with them but I do know that Air Tamarac in Clova has quite a following for their Lac Hebert and Lac Charlotte camps

Pretty sure if you search this site there is a Lac Charlotte report somewhere 

if you google Kipawa there is a different community built by those who love the lake and the area as well

cheers and best of luck.  Sounds like a great adventure 

Andrew 

Edited by gordy28

I did a 4 day at Lac Charlotte a few springs ago. We were there 3 days after ice out. Facilities on the lake were 2nd to none, including hot water and an in door shower!

Fishing was good and probably would have been better had it not been a late spring and water temps a bit warmer.

I can also attest to the drive in being a brute. 290km's on gravel did my Ford flex in and i still have sand falling out of the bottom of my truck every time it rains... three years later.

The Gouin Reserve, we flew over on the way to Charlotte and it is definitely an intriguing and large body of water. If I could get there without driving for hours on a gravel road, I would consider it.

HH