Bass opener - where are you headed?

AKRISONER

24 minutes ago, pics said:

I love these comments.. personally I'm not a Bass guy and I think some of the Bass guys are crazy spending 6 figures to catch a fish that a little kid on a dock could get but to each their own.. have fun and stay safe..

is that the same as the guys that buy a boston whaler to catch a fish you can catch by simply driving your boat around with your rod in a rod holder? 

I often get identified as a "bass guy" cause I drive a bass boat and fish tournaments, but with the limited bass season it sure as heck leaves me a heck of a lot of months to target other stuff. I truthfully try and do it all because it makes you a more rounded fisherman and theres just a lot of "prime times" to check off that make for some good fishing, but if you think flipping heavy cover and skipping docks is less entertaining then jigging up walleye I dont know what to tell you lol. Im not hating on walleye fishing either because I spend 2 months of the year specifically fishing them.

By the way musky guys...i fish musky too lol and you fly guys...yup i do that too (although not well)

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 2

On 6/21/2021 at 11:51 AM, porkpie said:

I hear you, its sort of like reeling in a 45 inch musky on 80lb test.  49 seconds from hooked to in the net.  I tell ya, fun times.  Makes for a better photo though 😂

Yeah, but how many 45" muskies do you think most people catch in a season? Its about the chase.  Like you said, I can sit on my dock, or any bridge and catch bass all day long. 

At the end of the day, i fish for everything. I just don't get excited over bass. I might fish them once or twice a season. 

S. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sinker said:

Yeah, but how many 45" muskies do you think most people catch in a season? Its about the chase.  Like you said, I can sit on my dock, or any bridge and catch bass all day long. 

At the end of the day, i fish for everything. I just don't get excited over bass. I might fish them once or twice a season. 

S. 

All good pal, I’m just having fun with ya!  I seldom fish for the green carp either!

Edited by porkpie
  • Like 1

I was out on Long Point recently and I watched a couple in a Bass boat fishing for pike as if they were in a Bass tourney.  It was comical the way they weaved in and out of the anchored pack . The guy even did the old lay on his back and reach behind him to land a fish. Must be practice for when the season opens. At which time they will do the same routine but the anchored tri-hull boats will be using minnows and the bass will be going right into their cooler or on a stringer.. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BillM said:

Nowhere, 50-100mm of rain in the forecast.    Bass can wait, lol.

Sounds like there’s going to be a break in the rain for tomorrow morning into the afternoon before the deluge begins…I’m hoping the weather man is right!

6 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

Sounds like there’s going to be a break in the rain for tomorrow morning into the afternoon before the deluge begins…I’m hoping the weather man is right!

Me too man. I'm all set to go out in my $1 store poncho. Lol

6 hours ago, bobowski said:

Me too man. I'm all set to go out in my $1 store poncho. Lol

No lie…it’s shaping up to be a goretex type of weekend lollll

im most upset about the fact that my stupid boat makes changing a bilge nearly impossible without ripping all of the batteries and wiring out. I don’t have an auto bilge in my boat and with the rain warning now up for tonight into tomorrow I guess it means I gotta constantly throw my boat in and out of the water.

tight lines and good luck to anyone headed out this morning! I’m on my way out.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1