Bass opener - where are you headed?

AKRISONER

It’s the most wonderful time of the yeareerrrrereerrr

forecast looks ok….rain seems to have backed off, gonna be windy though. Might make it a bit tougher for the guys wanting to find some of those still bedded fish.

me personally, I’m fishing a friends derby on the tri lakes, put a bit of cash down, fish all day, come back eat some steaks drink some beer and shoot the poop

cant frigging wait, I’m already out in the driveway, re-cleaning the boat lol

head up tomorrow, rig rods and make final preparations.

For zone 14 next Saturday, it’s my first opener at the new place. Done a very minor amount of scouting while laketrout and pike fishing. Haven’t seen a bass yet, but I have and idea of where they will be. I’m up there for 10 straight days so I should start figuring something out by weeks end. It’s been a number of years since I’ve had a totally blank slate and didn’t just go to my favourite honey hole to throw topwater on opener morning. I’m most excited to see if I can find some largemouth though, I’ve looked at some Satellite photos and have come up with some ideas, but I haven’t seen the areas in person.

did a ton of work on the boat over the winter, I’ve used it laketrout fishing but I’m extra excited to see how things run up on the grass and on the shoals!

where are you headed?

Edited by AKRISONER

15 hours ago, BillM said:

GBay muskie opener.   No bass gear in the boat :) 

I think you are just trying to deal with some unfinished business from last fall lol

damn musky guys are like vegans…WE GET IT, you musky fish! Lmaooo

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, manfish said:

heading to Bass Lake in Haliburton

I think the lakes around minden and haliburton are open next weekend, 

Check fmz 15

Edited by mikeh
More info
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

I think you are just trying to deal with some unfinished business from last fall lol

It's always unfinished business out there  :) 

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

Coming from the bass guy whos making a post asking where everyone is going fishing haha.......

I just don't get whats so attractive about fishing for fish, that a 5lber is a tank. ......

S. 

32 minutes ago, BillM said:

It's always unfinished business out there  :) 

That’s how most musky days end lol especially on g bay

sinker…I can’t tell you the number of days I’ve fished musky on g bay and I’ve still never caught a big one hahahaa that’s why

saturday, running the boat wide open, money on the line, 5 fish….there’s nothing better

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bobowski said:

I'll be a lot more south than that. I'll be in the port Severn area. 

love fishing that area of the lake. Only went for the first time last year but its awesome...especially with teh higher water levels. Shes down 2 feet this year so things will be a lot different with it not so flooded but still excellent fishing. Reminds me of the tri-lakes, but with georgian bay smallmouth nearby. Really cool stuff.

On 6/18/2021 at 9:57 AM, Sinker said:

Coming from the bass guy whos making a post asking where everyone is going fishing haha.......

I just don't get whats so attractive about fishing for fish, that a 5lber is a tank. ......

S. 

I hear you, its sort of like reeling in a 45 inch musky on 80lb test.  49 seconds from hooked to in the net.  I tell ya, fun times.  Makes for a better photo though 😂

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, BillM said:

Saw 62 degrees out in the big water near Honey Harbour on Sunday.   Will be interesting to see what the bass are doing come the weekend.  

The water everywhere is so surprisingly cool and I have no idea how considering the heat we have had this spring. 

I love these comments.. personally I'm not a Bass guy and I think some of the Bass guys are crazy spending 6 figures to catch a fish that a little kid on a dock could get but to each their own.. have fun and stay safe..

• Haha 1