Grand River Report

Decided to take my bro fishing on his bday today (sweet 45).  My brother, nephew, and I had our sites on Erie, but with an east wind we went with plan B.  Trolled for 5 hours and landed 8 (6 Sheepheads and 2 Pike).  Highlight was the first 30 seconds of trolling and my nephew landed a nice 32" Sheepshead.  My brother and I haven't even put our lines in the water yet.  Pike were 28" and 30".  Little guys but fun to fight.  My brother wasn't getting any luck as the within the last 10 minutes before going home with my nephew catching 4 and me 3 my rod bent over again.  I handed the rod to my brother so he could get in on the battle.  We call it the pity fish.  Every year I always get reminded on how much summer fishing sucks.  Boat launch and river was packed and even saw a heated argument at the launch.  Good times

image1.jpeg

Screenshot_20210612-142512_Messages.jpg

image0.jpeg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, mamona said:

Lovely report. Why summer fishing sucks? For me it is almost a prime time.

Just the boat traffic and all.  I like things a little bit quieter where your not getting hit with waves all the time or someone going over your lines when trolling.  That’s why trolling in December is my favourite time lol.