New rig , 177 outfitter G3 Tiller update

First off thanks for all the earlier tips , finally got her out for a few hours .

First thing that was blatantly obvious was the insane amount of usable deck space compared to our Lund 1650 Rebel with the full windshield. 
Kids moved around casting and jigging and never once was I worried I’d be snagged by one of them lol . Boat handled some decent whitecaps effortlessly. Not sure about the baitwell or onboard built in cooler .. seemed like a wasted bit of space BUT it houses a battery now .

We hit some weedlines looking for Walleye , utilizing the Ultrex and spot lock , what a game changer that is !  I’m a little late to the game with regards to certain technology but man it’s worth every penny!

The Helix 10 G2N mega si  is unfortunately having transducer issues, units not reading the transducer . No ideas nor did the fella at hummingbird , sounds like a bad transducer, new one on the way .

NOW .. the Yamaha 70hp Tiller ....It pushes this rig great but you’ll get a great arm workout lol,  it’s fun rig to fly around in , perfectly planes out .

Now the fishing .....

We stuck to deeper weed lines , 30$ polarized glasses and Minnkota spot lock were key ! not the 1500$ graph that didn’t work lol ! 
We were ripping jigs , each kid nailed a few decent walleye on perch colored bucktails,  I was busy messing around with the graph and only managed to miss a few fish .

Stellar day to spend a few hours on the lake and get to know the new rig , can’t wait for the graph to function properly. 

Thanks again for the tips !

4FDD1ADE-1F4C-4AC1-9D30-355A2FF531C5.jpeg

F63DA249-345B-4B99-B959-BD0DAB385221.jpeg

2EBBF0E9-231A-4761-9CFF-F764536229BA.jpeg

• Like 2

Sweet ride.  Congrats 

I don’t see myself buying a boat for a few years still but when I do that’s the kind of rig I want 

Years ago on a trip we had a 17.5 foot Lund Outfitter w a 50 HP Yamaha tiller and it was awesome.  Still the most fishable boat I have been in. (Note I have never fished in a real bass rig which also look incredibly fishable)

cheers and congrats!

Andrew 

1 hour ago, gordy28 said:

Sweet ride.  Congrats 

I don’t see myself buying a boat for a few years still but when I do that’s the kind of rig I want 

Years ago on a trip we had a 17.5 foot Lund Outfitter w a 50 HP Yamaha tiller and it was awesome.  Still the most fishable boat I have been in. (Note I have never fished in a real bass rig which also look incredibly fishable)

cheers and congrats!

Andrew 

this all depends on how you fish of course. But for smaller rigs, the tinner is kind of the quiver killer. A tiller kinda just does it all. The one thing its best at is that you can throw it in basically absolutely anywhere that a boat can get into. A tiller fishes somewhat like a bass boat, but gives you the options of a Deep V. Obviously the ride isnt there, but thats such a minor detail in a day of fishing. If you like being on the trolling motor and casting for fish, nothing beats a bass boat...but you cant troll or downrig in a bass boat...well you could hypothetically because anything is possible, but you get what im saying.

If bass boats didnt exist id definitely be in a tiller without a question, unless I had a stupid amount of flow to buy a big old alumacraft or lund tyee.

Edited by AKRISONER