Besides our minds what else have you lost during this unique time in the history of our Human race

For sure I can't find the white fire extinguisher for the boat. I'm not talking about physical things more about attitudes but I am still missing stuff.

I am less tolerant, might it be my 66 1/2 years on Earth rather than a sequestered life? (sorry about no spell check) Actually I am not sorry spell check is off, or not simply turned on or whatever. I am becoming my 18 year old nephew, whatever. And I am fine with that. I finally broke down and got my debit card synched or whatever you call it to hook up the card to tap. And it works 5 out of 10 times I try to tap, touch, slide, swipe, do the circle tap, tap from 4 to 6 inches above, then the 8 inch dive bomb, finally the youngster says it might be me, yes it's you I know it's not me, I'm 50 years older than you and I know I'm doing it just how the other 15 year old taught me how, training is for Circus animals, of course you don't know what a circis is. I finally understood the kid or whomever, whoever or whatever handles the cash/card etc. less. (Don't pull out any Year Books from the early 70's, I think my hair was longer and my vision improved immensly once I had my bangs cut. As this decease is finally in or out of control somewhat so go our in or out of control brains. 

What, if anything have you lost. Former spouses included. 

Please can someone help me find spell check and turn it on. None of my many forums are spell checking, zero. I would appreciate any help. 

5 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Please can someone help me find spell check and turn it on. None of my many forums are spell checking, zero. I would appreciate any help. 

Is there not a line under the word that is not spelt right ?

I didn’t want a tap card but having to hold the keypad at a dive trough changed that for me in a hurry. 

I’d like to see us get back all the businesses lost, swallowed up to the huge corporations that only got bigger. 

open the goddamn patios and stores already!!! 

let me get a haircut! It’s to my nose. Hasn’t been this long since 1987

honestly...and I understand the privilege and entitlement that saying this accompanies because I know health care workers have been put through the ringer. People have had family members die. People are experiencing long haul complications related to this illness.

But if you are asking about me personally

I have lost the one thing that literally aside from my family and girlfriend that I love the most, and thats just going fishing with my buddies. Absolutely ive done my best with the situation to have some work arounds. Last year twice I quarantined in advance and after to go and camp on my friends lawn to have a mini fishing derby with the guys, but that also meant I could only fish with one friend all weekend. In the winter I had friends come up and fish with me for the day in their own hut.

But seriously the old days have been taken away from me by this stupid virus. Once again im not trying to complain because things could be worse, way worse...but im tired and ready to move on. Im lucky enough to be fully vaccinated, so I can for the most part do whatever I want on my own accord, but I still have to be extremely mindful of who I interact with for their own health. This includes primarily my immuno compromised mom and my girlfriends father.

I also am still not allowed to go to my best friend's trailer to fish due to their "no visitor" policy.

Heres what I want...and honestly I feel like it may happen sooner then later...but to say im waiting patiently for it would be an understatement.

I want...to be able to call my buddies up and say "hey lets fish this weekend" and what that entails is us meeting up wherever the hell we want, with 2-3-4-5 of us, we arrive, we gear up and rig our rods, we wake up early, we have a coffee, we go fish all day, we come home, we play some poker and talk about our day on the water with some cold beers, we cook some steaks and we inevitably pass the Ef out early to wake up and fish again the next morning. Literally, for a guy like me, this is what I live for. Its my favourite thing in the world to do and its been taken from me. 

Maybe Im a cry baby, but maybe some people can relate to what I'm saying.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 3

I don't spend too much time dwelling on what I've lost, but rather I see what my kids (8,6,3) lost during 16 months of very little interaction with other kids. I am excited that we can start to visit outdoors again with one other family very soon, and can't wait until we can have a gathering with a few of the families we used to get to enjoy spending time with. The kids need it.

• Like 1

All I wanted was for my family & friends to stay healthy and make it thru this virus and so far so good. I haven't seen my daughter since Christmas but hopefully it won't be much longer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rich Clemens said:

Missing the ability to come north to see our Canadian friends.   Cancelled this month.  Hoping the border will be open in September.

Fingers crossed for you & Patsy 

• Like 2

Besides family gatherings on holidays etc., I missed out on 2 spring trips to Nipigon. My buddies brother lives in Thunder Bay and we stay in a cabin that is pretty remote.  Both are getting older and sooner rather than later that opportunity will be gone..

• Like 1

My kids.  My ex has said "lockdown means they cannot come see you" right from the start.  I've been deprived of my kids.  I don't really care to the finincal loss I have taken a beating on and lack of family and friends time, yes I'm hurting there too but.  I'll never get back all that time my EX deprived me from of my kids.  

• Sad 2

JD, I was forced to leave work because of the virus, company declared bankruptcy.
After almost 50 years in the advertising industry, I was at home! 
Made the best of it, no more driving to work . . . built a home office, my passion with typography connected with my old friends and got some  leads, not that I needed them, but after all of those years I wanted to keep my feet in.

My feet are in, nothing to write home about, but it still lights up my email with prospects. 
I have devoted my knowledge on the past, I’m working on a website to preserve Canadian Typography History. To me now, this is my goal, and it will happen soon. 
To all of us who have had long careers, we are fortunate and hopefully our young  ones, will follow us. Lew, Irish, Cliff and many others that I have contacted, you know what i mean. 
keep well my friends. Lets pass it on. Our kids need our guidance. 

A

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GBW said:

My kids.  My ex has said "lockdown means they cannot come see you" right from the start.  I've been deprived of my kids.  I don't really care to the finincal loss I have taken a beating on and lack of family and friends time, yes I'm hurting there too but.  I'll never get back all that time my EX deprived me from of my kids.  

That's total Bull.. your ex should more than encourage you to be in their lives..

I have written this and deleted and updated a few times for fear of seeming like I am whining or not aware of how lucky I am that I have kept working during all of this and for the most part my family and friends have stayed healthy   
similar to others I realize I miss people and “hanging out” over this time frame.      Maybe what this experience has taught me is that things are nice but in reality health, friendships and family are what really matters

• Like 3

Just glad the family is okay especially my parents.  My dad who drives his cab 60hrs week never stopped working.  He's 72 lol.  He made a small fortune cause most cabbies in Hamilton took a break.  Both my parents are getting there second shot Sunday👍.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pics said:

That's total Bull.. your ex should more than encourage you to be in their lives..

She blamed the 'no visiting' on the lockdown AND she run's a home daycare so she's got all these others coming and going but I can't...  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3