Fly rod slabs

Been a while since this crappie spot produced but today was the day! Tied on a clouser minnow hoping for a pike on the fly rod! 2nd cast and Bam! Fish on. Not a pike but a big fat slab!  Couple casts later,Bam! another slab! I thought, man im on'em now! Guy who was fishin a bit down the bank runs up to where i am and stomps out on the dock  to cast exactly where im casting to! Yup! Next dozen casts,when i could get a cast in, not a hit! The school spooked and....... gone! I was not happy! But i dont own the water! A bit later after he left had a nice little pike hit the clouser and chew it up! All in all a fantastic morning! Cheers!

20210609_084738.jpg

20210609_085125.jpg

20210609_100128.jpg

• Like 1

i run into these things throwing cranks against rock piles in the kawarthas. I also like catching them through the ice, but to catch em on the fly rod would be the ultimate.

Really really cool to catch crappies up shallow. I guess now is the time for that!

12 hours ago, npt1 said:

I have been a fly rod guy since the mid  70's,  bass fishing in the weed's and bull rush's ,  if there only 1 fish in a body of water, it would be caught on a fly rod.

its true....nothing and I mean seemingly nothing can resist a fly. I dont think ive ever seen a fish turn away from one