Boat bunk glides

wkrp

On 6/8/2021 at 6:48 PM, Mr Greedydrift said:

So what are you spraying on the bunks?

Any spray lubericant other than WD-4-, I buy anything that is on sale and keep it right where I keep the transom straps in the truck.  Right now I have  can of Mastercraft Silicone spray, under 10 bucks at CTC.  Yes Water Displacement formula 40 will work too, it will take oil paint off your skin as well. 

11 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Any spray lubericant other than WD-4-, I buy anything that is on sale and keep it right where I keep the transom straps in the truck.  Right now I have  can of Mastercraft Silicone spray, under 10 bucks at CTC.  Yes Water Displacement formula 40 will work too, it will take oil paint off your skin as well. 

Wd40 killed the plastic grips on my wiss snips. Made them swell and rubbery. Wouldn’t stay put on the handles. I used to spray my hand tools when they got wet to keep them from rusting. 

• Haha 1

I have had boats get away from me on rollers and on bunks, in boat launches.  EVERY time, it was somebody "HELPING ME" without getting the briefing.  DON'T unhook the strap or chain until the hull is in the water!!!!!

Now if I see anybody close to my boat when I am launching I tell them to keep out of the way, thanks very much!

OIM I never thought of lubing up the bunks for recovery, but I put the trailer in the water until the centre keel roller is under water, and the boat comes in on the winch without making my cranky old back any angrier.  Works for me.

Doug