Leafs, UGH!

I woke up the whole neighborhood I think with the calls and laughs I was sounding off with at the horn, and I live in the country lol. I've been a Hab hater for life but to see that smug arrogant smirk wiped off Mathew's face at the end of the game made me a huge Habs fan for the last week.
 I'm near Ottawa and I'm pretty sure I heard the center of the universe explode from here, did that ever feel good. Woo Hoo
I'll give it a couple of days and then it's back to Go Jets

1 hour ago, smitty55 said:

I woke up the whole neighborhood I think with the calls and laughs I was sounding off with at the horn, and I live in the country lol. I've been a Hab hater for life but to see that smug arrogant smirk wiped off Mathew's face at the end of the game made me a huge Habs fan for the last week.
 I'm near Ottawa and I'm pretty sure I heard the center of the universe explode from here, did that ever feel good. Woo Hoo
I'll give it a couple of days and then it's back to Go Jets

So you just bandwagon jump from one team to another?  LOL!   Awesome.

I feel very old some days knowing that I'm one of the few remaining humans who actually watched the Leaf's win the Stanley Cup so many years ago.  LOL

Edited by lew
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, lew said:

I feel very old some days knowing that I'm one of the few remaining humans who actually watched the Leaf's win the Stanley Cup so many years ago.  LOL

I'm with you Lew...even tho I'm 10years older...LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lew said:

1967, not quite 13 years old and I won a .25c bet that they would win.  That was my last bet.  But one thing for sure, you can say the Leafs didn't disappoint us, lost again, why break a streak.  Can't believe people still pay ridiculous prices for losers.

Here's my take before this post gets taken down lol.  Keep the core together.  Matthews, Marner, and Reilly will make a run for the cup just not now.  They will get us in the playoffs every year and soon they will pass the first round.  When they do watch out cause it will be a hugh weight off there shoulders and it won't be much different then Washington finally beating Pittsburgh or Tampa getting revenge on Columbus last year.  Dubas I think will make the necessary changes and I trust him with that.  Sign Hyman (team friendly hopefully) and Speeza.  Keefe needs to get rid of Malhotra.  Until next season boys. Go Leafs Go 

Time to rebuild. I want them gone. Get a coach too.  
why did they just keep doing what wasn’t working.   That’s not sports.  That’s not entertainment.  No one drove the net.  Bunch of no shows when it counts.  

What I truly can't believe is that there are still people in this country who didn't see this coming. The call-in show I listened to over lunch was just amazing ... all these guys phoning in practically in tears, OMG I can't believe this happened, etc etc etc

Once again, I will repeat the fearless prediction for the coming season that I make around this time every single year.

• Leafs will look great in training camp.
  • Early season holds promise.
  • In first place by Christmas! Start planning the parade route!
  • Starting to wobble by the all-star break.
  • <<< EPIC CHOKE >>>
  • Watching the Stanley Cup final on TV - for the 55th consecutive year.

Next year's team won't look a whole lot different than this one. Neither will the results. Sorry boys and girls, but that is the reality of Leaf hockey.

Edited by craigdritchie
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, glen said:

Time to rebuild. I want them gone. Get a coach too.  
why did they just keep doing what wasn’t working.   That’s not sports.  That’s not entertainment.  No one drove the net.  Bunch of no shows when it counts.  

Enough said right there !!!!!!

5 hours ago, misfish said:

Habs might be for real. Me thinks it will get ugly. Bull hit at the end. 

From my understanding, in NHL history, the winner of a Habs/Leafs payoff series has always gone on to win the Stanely Cup.  We'll see if it holds this year.