Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I woke up the whole neighborhood I think with the calls and laughs I was sounding off with at the horn, and I live in the country lol. I've been a Hab hater for life but to see that smug arrogant smirk wiped off Mathew's face at the end of the game made me a huge Habs fan for the last week.
 I'm near Ottawa and I'm pretty sure I heard the center of the universe explode from here, did that ever feel good. Woo Hoo
I'll give it a couple of days and then it's back to Go Jets

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smitty55 said:

I woke up the whole neighborhood I think with the calls and laughs I was sounding off with at the horn, and I live in the country lol. I've been a Hab hater for life but to see that smug arrogant smirk wiped off Mathew's face at the end of the game made me a huge Habs fan for the last week.
 I'm near Ottawa and I'm pretty sure I heard the center of the universe explode from here, did that ever feel good. Woo Hoo
I'll give it a couple of days and then it's back to Go Jets

So you just bandwagon jump from one team to another?  LOL!   Awesome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dave524 said:

It's Doug Ford's fault, they heard he was opening the golf courses.

LMAO !

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel very old some days knowing that I'm one of the few remaining humans who actually watched the Leaf's win the Stanley Cup so many years ago.  LOL

Edited by lew
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, lew said:

I feel very old some days knowing that I'm one of the few remaining humans who actually watched the Leaf's win the Stanley Cup so many years ago.  LOL

I'm with you Lew...even tho I'm 10years older...LOL

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lew said:

I feel very old some days knowing that I'm one of the few remaining humans who actually watched the Leaf's win the Stanley Cup so many years ago.  LOL

1967, not quite 13 years old and I won a .25c bet that they would win.  That was my last bet.  But one thing for sure, you can say the Leafs didn't disappoint us, lost again, why break a streak.  Can't believe people still pay ridiculous prices for losers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my take before this post gets taken down lol.  Keep the core together.  Matthews, Marner, and Reilly will make a run for the cup just not now.  They will get us in the playoffs every year and soon they will pass the first round.  When they do watch out cause it will be a hugh weight off there shoulders and it won't be much different then Washington finally beating Pittsburgh or Tampa getting revenge on Columbus last year.  Dubas I think will make the necessary changes and I trust him with that.  Sign Hyman (team friendly hopefully) and Speeza.  Keefe needs to get rid of Malhotra.  Until next season boys. Go Leafs Go 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to rebuild. I want them gone. Get a coach too.  
why did they just keep doing what wasn’t working.   That’s not sports.  That’s not entertainment.  No one drove the net.  Bunch of no shows when it counts.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

What I truly can't believe is that there are still people in this country who didn't see this coming. The call-in show I listened to over lunch was just amazing ... all these guys phoning in practically in tears, OMG I can't believe this happened, etc etc etc

Once again, I will repeat the fearless prediction for the coming season that I make around this time every single year.

  • Leafs will look great in training camp.
  • Early season holds promise.
  • In first place by Christmas! Start planning the parade route!
  • Starting to wobble by the all-star break.
  • <<< EPIC CHOKE >>>
  • Watching the Stanley Cup final on TV - for the 55th consecutive year.

Next year's team won't look a whole lot different than this one. Neither will the results. Sorry boys and girls, but that is the reality of Leaf hockey.

Edited by craigdritchie
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, glen said:

Time to rebuild. I want them gone. Get a coach too.  
why did they just keep doing what wasn’t working.   That’s not sports.  That’s not entertainment.  No one drove the net.  Bunch of no shows when it counts.  

Enough said right there !!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Headhunter said:

My neighbour watching the game last night...

HH

 

As seen in Cornwall this morning. Kudos to whoever you are, buddy!!!

June 1 2021.png

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Habs face real competition when they get out of the north and will be crushed. Watch the Colorado vegas series if you want to see some real hockey, and watch McKinnon. He’s what a real superstar looks like in the playoffs 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, misfish said:

Habs might be for real. Me thinks it will get ugly. Bull hit at the end. 

From my understanding, in NHL history, the winner of a Habs/Leafs payoff series has always gone on to win the Stanely Cup.  We'll see if it holds this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...