OMG, I love my Argo

Big Cliff

A good agent is hard to find. An actual human being on the other end of the line is a bonus. For a short period of time my business inherited an insurance provider that only spoke French and refused to speak English. They sure understood and spoke it when I cancelled the coverage. They were in the NFL, not for long. 

An argo would be great for some of the lakes I fish but not for the secret ones where we park a hundred yards from where we pop into the woods and walk to the lake where the boat is stashed..😁

9 hours ago, peterr991 said:

This is awesome, it feels like you purchased unstoppable :)

Yep, right up until you are stopped.  As Cliff found in a ditch where the hull bow and stern were on land, and all the wheels in the air.  Same when you are in a bog and high-centred, or in snow without tracks.  When you are stuck in an Argo, you are REALLY stuck!!!!!  But Cliff and his son going out in pairs is going to get around pretty much every "stop" that Mother Nature is going to throw at them.

Doug

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 8:53 AM, pics said:

An argo would be great for some of the lakes I fish but not for the secret ones where we park a hundred yards from where we pop into the woods and walk to the lake where the boat is stashed..😁

We use to do things like that, pack all our gear in, fish, pack everything back out.... I am 75 now and there is no way i would be able to do it anymore which meant my son was carrying the bulk of the load. I can guarantee that you couldn't access some of the lakes we fish in the summer without an Argo or a lot of long portages 😊

• 2 weeks later...

More from our Argo adventures: we have been working to make a trail back into what is known locally as the chain of lakes, (I use to fish these lakes 50 years ago)  I don't think they are named on any maps. You can walk in to them, I am guessing it's about 3 miles from the nearest road access but it's a tough walk through some pretty dense bush. You can portage in but again a really rough go through some creaks and swamps. Anyway using a combination of river, swamp, and roughing a trail through the bush we now have access. 

Last weekend we finally had a chance to get back in there fishing, amazing would be an understatement! We typically don't weigh or measure our fish unless there is a slot to worry about but in the picture of my son holding up the stringer of fish, well he has big hands so you can get an idea of the size. I included the other picture so you can see just how comfortable these things are, notice sock feet, clean, dry. We could never do things like this without the Argo. 

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, akaShag said:

Good for you, Cliff!  Your planning and work have paid off, JUST as you had hoped!

Doug

Thanks Doug but to be honest a lot of our decisions were based on input from you, without it I am sure we'd be no where as happy as we are🤗

2 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

Thanks Doug but to be honest a lot of our decisions were based on input from you, without it I am sure we'd be no where as happy as we are🤗

Wonderful!  Glad to be of help!

Did I ever mention the Argo 12 v battery?

Doug

8 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

More from our Argo adventures: we have been working to make a trail back into what is known locally as the chain of lakes, (I use to fish these lakes 50 years ago)  I don't think they are named on any maps. You can walk in to them, I am guessing it's about 3 miles from the nearest road access but it's a tough walk through some pretty dense bush. You can portage in but again a really rough go through some creaks and swamps. Anyway using a combination of river, swamp, and roughing a trail through the bush we now have access. 

Last weekend we finally had a chance to get back in there fishing, amazing would be an understatement! We typically don't weigh or measure our fish unless there is a slot to worry about but in the picture of my son holding up the stringer of fish, well he has big hands so you can get an idea of the size. I included the other picture so you can see just how comfortable these things are, notice sock feet, clean, dry. We could never do things like this without the Argo. 

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

GREEN with ENVY

The batteries Argo currently installs only have a six month warranty, and if you don't keep them charged up they die in about a year.  And they are not cheap.  So you need to keep a trickle charger on them when they are just sitting parked.  I have a plug-in (110 v) trickle charger for the winter when the Argo lives in my garage, and a solar 12 v battery charger for the spring/summer/fall when the Argo is at my camp.  You might be using your machine more often than I do, and that of course will keep the battery charged.

Doug

2 hours ago, akaShag said:

The batteries Argo currently installs only have a six month warranty, and if you don't keep them charged up they die in about a year.  And they are not cheap.  So you need to keep a trickle charger on them when they are just sitting parked.  I have a plug-in (110 v) trickle charger for the winter when the Argo lives in my garage, and a solar 12 v battery charger for the spring/summer/fall when the Argo is at my camp.  You might be using your machine more often than I do, and that of course will keep the battery charged.

Doug

Once again some good information, thanks! Right now we are using them at least once a week and I expect my son will use his much of the winter but I will make sure he is aware too. Our operating skills are improving with every outing as we learn more , it's actually quite exciting and I haven't been stuck since that first outing 😊. I would never consider an ATV again. 

• 4 weeks later...

Another dinner compliments of Argo 😊 We added a 55 lb thrust 48" shaft trolling motor to them which is really allowing us to cover a lot more water and produce more fish. As a bonus the chantrells are starting to pop and boy there are a lot of them this year, they dehydrate really well so if you get the chance load up on them, puff balls should be out shortly too. 

20210801_213026.jpg

• Like 3