Curbside pickup

I, like many, have had my fill with this lockdown. I have had a lot of patience with dealing with curbside pickup and hold a lot of respect for retail owners & workers having to deal with it. 

Most have been excellent with putting orders together in very short time. Even some of the bigger outfits like Home Depot and Rona. But I don’t understand why Canadian Tire has such difficulty in preparing the orders. Everything is done online and pre paid, so why does it take days to have ready?

im a bit frustrated. I’ve been trying to freshen up an outboard for months. Between marine dealer, Amazon and eBay orders and shipping lead times, I found out yesterday afternoon that my lower unit oil pump quit working. FUUUUUUUUU**

it’s the LAST thing I needed and they’re closed tomorrow. 

Ford...for gods sake, end this thing. Not just for consumers who NEED things, but for all the business owners who are on the brink. How many more restaurants have to die? 
I want a homemade burger and a beer on a patio. Not more corporate owned fast food chains!

and, I want my boat in the water....

rant over. 

I would suggest writing to your MPP and MP expressing your frustration. perhaps cc: local radio, tv, or newspaper.

Won't get into how I think this pandemic has been dealt with, but if we had done a true hard lockdown earlier, we wouldn't been this situation. I blame this partly on the lack of spine Ontarians have tbh. My in laws in Australia etc did this and they're filling 90k sports stadium. 

tl;dr - we partly have ourselves (not literally you or I) to blame for prolonging this.

We're getting there day by day and I expect by Canada Day long w/e will be much better and patios will be open !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woodenboater said:

I would suggest writing to your MPP and MP expressing your frustration. perhaps cc: local radio, tv, or newspaper.

Won't get into how I think this pandemic has been dealt with, but if we had done a true hard lockdown earlier, we wouldn't been this situation. I blame this partly on the lack of spine Ontarians have tbh. My in laws in Australia etc did this and they're filling 90k sports stadium. 

tl;dr - we partly have ourselves (not literally you or I) to blame for prolonging this.

We're getting there day by day and I expect by Canada Day long w/e will be much better and patios will be open !

I totally agree with you. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not being an anti masker. I think we can still go about our lives with safety precautions but the faster we can reach herd immunity the better. I can’t wait for my second shot. 

• Like 1

totally get where you're coming from. we should be a bit looser in several sectors but I'd prefer to be safer than not. and I totally get the small biz thing, my wife has seen her work drop like a rock last year. it's only slowly beginning to pick up and she felt better when I had my first AZ cuz at least I had *some* protection and she wasn't as worried about bringing something home.

The second shot can't come soon enough and I think the schedule sold be moved up now that doses are coming in fast and furious. Maybe there might be a fall Lakair visit if things go well.

stay safe and be well,

wb

Edited by woodenboater
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Fisherman said:

I feel your pain, 3 full days to order and pick up 2 jugs of oil from CTC, never again. Clowns running the asylum.  Princess Auto was a phone call and said come by in about an hour, I did and it was ready.

Agreed. I was lucky, I managed to get my gear lube oil pump from Royal Distributing yesterday. Another CT order cancelled. RD had it ready to go not even 2 hours after I ordered it. I’m absolutely certain CT wouldn’t have notified me it was ready until Tuesday.

Edited by Hack_Fisherman

CTC here in Grimsby has been stellar with their curbside, always 2 hours or less you get an email it is ready, print the page with the scan code box ( don't do email on phone ) drive by, they scan the code and get your item bagged up with the receipt in a envelope stapled to it. Must vary by location, no complaints here.

I have had less issue with getting email to say my item is ready than when I arrive to collect my curbside pickup I am there for a half hour or more! To watch them deliver orders is painful. 5 or 6 teens with no instruction or guidance carrying order out to cars one item at a time. I must have seen this one kid go back and forth 10 times each time bringing out one small item delivering it to a car and strolling back to get the next one! Why not load a trolley with multiple orders???

• Like 1

TSC/Peavey Store. Put my order in at midnight on Saturday and they called at 10AM yesterday to come pick it up, while I was expecting 3 days. I'm not in that big of a hurry to demand everything open up, the 4th wave will be coming soon enough after this long weekends gatherings. Oh.. I hear Art coming....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We ordered some new patio chairs from CTC for store pickup. They messaged in under an hour to come pick up. Two teens dragged a trolley with our chairs, loaded them up in my truck and we were gone inside 5 minutes.

HH

• Like 3

Cabelas here has been great . I email order what I want THAT they have in store. Email back in hour or two,PU next day . All good.

And yes Wayne,there is a load of traffic heading south here on the 400.  Time will tell, but I sure hope you are wrong about a 4th wave . Enough already.

PS

Art will be back after he replenishes his lock stock from ACE hardware. 🤣

• Like 1

It's a royal pain to get the simplest task done at home when you need a part from HD or CTC.. small town stores with less volume and an attentive manager or owner would handle it a lot better.. in the city you're just a number..

I found a bad ground in the fuse box on my Mustang. It's an odd little connector, the kind you'd go into a little electronics store and scour the shelves for, or just walk in and ask the knowledgeable guy behind the counter if he could identify it. I find the times when you just need something really small to be the most difficult to traverse with store closures. Need $25 worth of something generic and easy to identify? No problem! Need something very specific worth very little money? Yeah, good luck with that one.

A local Crappy Tire store here in Oshawa I deal with has done a work around for the few things I have needed. You go to the store garden centre with the part# for what you want. Give it to the person in the garden center and they go into the store themselves and grab it for you. Have did this twice now and haven't spent more then 5 minutes waiting for them to find my stuff and bring it to me.

• Like 4