Gowganda Vandalism

1 hour ago, Hack_Fisherman said:

Can someone post what this is about? It doesn’t open for me

It's a bunch of tin boats stored at the landing on the lake.

Someone with a battery drill and what looks to be a 2 1/2" hole saw drilled a hole in the bottom of each one of the dozen plus boats stored there.

• Like 2

A friend of mine had his cached boats damaged with an axe. A fairly easy repair but after that he hid them better. He figured someone accessed the lake with a float plane and didn't want anyone else in there.. 

• Sad 1

If they catch the punk(s) that ruined those boats he (they) should be forced to replace every single one with new ones but with the way our justice system works nothing other than the old wrist slap will be dealt them.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, pics said:

A friend of mine had his cached boats damaged with an axe. A fairly easy repair but after that he hid them better. He figured someone accessed the lake with a float plane and didn't want anyone else in there.. 

Well wouldn’t that float plane owner be pretty pissed off to find out somebody did the same thing to him???

It’s like the thief to get HIS goods stolen is super pissed off,  and this would be 1000 times that

Edited by Hack_Fisherman
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 2:42 PM, Hack_Fisherman said:

I think I may have found it on Google earth. If I did, it looks like a back lake. I wonder if a somebody’s trying to cut down the fishing pressure. 
Or wonder if these boats belong to a lodge in the area or if it’s some kind of access or turf dispute. 

Lodge boats are usually more organized and numbered.. they are likely owned by locals..