Caught my first Brook Trout!

12 Volt Man

What a beautiful fish. Well done. Brought back fun memories of fishing for brookies in Nova Scotia many years ago in streams 3-4 feet wide. That was back in the day when you could follow a stream along its bank even if it crossed private property.

On 5/19/2021 at 5:19 PM, slopster said:

What a beautiful fish. Well done. Brought back fun memories of fishing for brookies in Nova Scotia many years ago in streams 3-4 feet wide. That was back in the day when you could follow a stream along its bank even if it crossed private property.

Nova Scotia brook trout.  This is a picture after one of my first dates with my bride.  About 35 years ago.  Sometimes you just know that they are the one, when you say lets go catch some trout today.  I think my secret creek near Cow Bay is probably a subdivision drainage ditch by now.

Edited by Canuck
  • Like 1

Great -  well done! They are so pretty and colourful.  I'm sure you enjoyed the experience.

Caught my first one last year and have been trying to find more locations withing an hours drive from me - not an easy task even with Google maps.

Got hooked on fly fishing (barbless hooks always) which adds to the enjoyment and frustration that goes along with it despite my seniors years.

Its a long drive to the Grand River, but my next challenge is to catch something larger in the trout species without getting too intimidated. 

Back when,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I lived in Brampton, late 70,s early 80,s, there were some great places to catch them.  It was nothing to just stop at streams on hwy 10 and I would get them.  Grand Valley was a great spot. I would walk miles and fish that area.

• Like 1

I agree---one of our greatest species we have

I thought so---so much that when we built I had a pond dug and stocked it with them and some bows

Was one of the greatest things I ever "had"

Had as much fun feedin them as catchin them--but alas----predators and fluctuating water levels put me outta the game

Great tho while it lasted---this was them

feed'n 027.JPG

feed'n 017.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...